Silverstone National or Extended National

General Paddock Chatter
tristancliffe
Lifetime achievement award

Silverstone National or Extended National

Post by tristancliffe »

Just wondering if there is a chance we could play on the new Extended National circuit at Silverstone later in the year, instead of the standard version? It's unlikely but, knowing the quality of the team in Mono that talk to the circuits/organisers, anything is possible.

http://www.lotus-central.com/index.php/ ... -2010.html

I also wonder if the "GP" Circuit is defined as the one they use of the Grand Prix - and if they use the "Arena" area, will we get to?

Fingers crossed...
Tristan Cliffe - MSV F3 Cup - Dallara F307 Image
Monoposto Champion 2008, 2010 & 2011 with a Reynard 883 and a Dallara F398, and F3 Cup and Team Champion 2012

omsracer
Recovery
Recovery

Re: Silverstone National or Extended National

Post by omsracer »

Tristian,

In our early discussions with MSVR we were going to use the extended National circuit. However, for some reason MSVR were not offered it so we are left with the 'good old' National circuit.

With regard to the GP circuit, my understanding is that it is the current GP circuit but as it is a Britcar round we may get lucky. You would need to ask Simon that as he arranged that meeting with the organisers.

Regards
Peter
Peter Whitmore
Car # 4
2000 Classic

tristancliffe

Post by tristancliffe »

Ta muchly for the answer.

Shame about National. Not sure how I feel about the Arena circuit - it's fancy and new, but it doesn't look that exciting, and Bridge corner won't be used (the 'Abbey' corner looks much less interesting in comparison to Bridge).

I shall keep 6 of my fingers crossed (one hand's worth)
Monoposto Champion 2008, 2010 & 2011 with a Reynard 883 and a Dallara F398, and F3 Cup and Team Champion 2012

tristancliffe

Post by tristancliffe »

According to Simon's latest Startline article - Key Info - we are likely to be racing on the 2010 British Grand Prix layout. And that was yesterday confirmed (for the Grand Prix) as the new Arena circuit.

Of course, we should all mourn the loss of Bridge corner, but at least we'll be able to say we've raced on the new track only a few months after the F1 cars. Not that many will get to say that!