New guy (help Required)

General Paddock Chatter
karl
Flag waver
Flag waver

New guy (help Required)

Post by karl »

Just a quickie,

yes I know all the information is out there in different places, I just wondered if any one could advise me - the car is nearly finished. To race in mono what is it going to cost me to get started?

race licence £300 approx?

Register fee for mono?- I presume the registation is for the 09 season, not from the date of registation i.e. 1st Aug 09 to 1 Aug 2010 and there is no 1/2 a season registration fee, or a single guest entry fee as a one off (trying to work out if the cost of the remaining part of the season is worth it, If I only plan to do one or two races this year) or to test this year and race next season?

Is there a msa licence fee?

Or a Brscc fee etc?

Then there is obviously the race entry fees?

Are there any other fees associated that require renewal?

Obviously there are transportation/fuel etc costs (I just want to know what it will cost to get me on the track)

Adam and Karl (mono 1000) 07528 790 272

samier
Roaming Correspondent
Roaming Correspondent

Re: New guy (help Required)

Post by samier »

You need to get a go starter pack costs around £50 quid from the MSA. You take this along when you have booked your ARDS at a race school. ARDS costs vary from place to place, Silverstone being one of the most expensive at around £350, Brands Hatch is around £200.

You will also need a medical, you will have to pay a doctor for this, typically £50-100.

The MSA national B licence is around £47 and is valid untill the end of the year.

You can enter the Mono club on a 2 race guest pass or pay £120 till the end of the year for membership and championship registration. There is no half season discount.

tristancliffe
Lifetime achievement award
Lifetime achievement award

Post by tristancliffe »

Fees and costs

MSA New Licence pack - about £50
medical for first licence - between £50 and £100
ARDS test - around £200 to £400
licence application fee - none for first licence, as it's included in the pack price I think.

Mono membership fee - about £120 (but guest memberships are available, see mono websiteaceRBicace entry - depends on track, single header, double header, but assume between £200 and £300.

Travel to and from the circuit - depends where you live and what track, but £100 won't be far off. More if you pay someone else to do it for you.

Erm, that's probably it, other than car related costs and racewear.

Oh, and £2 for the scrutineer to put a sticker on your brand new helmet.

See you in a paddock soon.
Tristan Cliffe - MSV F3 Cup - Dallara F307 Image
Monoposto Champion 2008, 2010 & 2011 with a Reynard 883 and a Dallara F398, and F3 Cup and Team Champion 2012

Hasbeen
Flag waver
Flag waver

Post by Hasbeen »

Its slightly better than that as Mono encourages new racers with free championship registration if its is your first season in racing. Just pay the membership fee (£30).
David
Re-living past glories.

samier
Roaming Correspondent
Roaming Correspondent

Post by samier »

David, is that something that was introduced this season?

Bargain! so you should be on the grid for Donington on the 18th!! No excuses now!!

karl
Flag waver
Flag waver

Post by karl »

David,

Donnington on the 18th?

I see no such event on the calander? Snet on the 18th of October?

Donnington is a good location for me.

The prices for mono seem very appealing - hopefully the car will have no problems when I take it for a shakedown test prior to racing.

samier
Roaming Correspondent
Roaming Correspondent

Post by samier »

Paperman
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by Paperman »

Hello Karl

Welcome to the Monoposto Racing Club Forum.

If you would like to send me an email on admin@monoposto.co.uk I can send you the relevant forms to join the club/register for the championship.

I would very much encourage you to come along to a race, even if you are not quite ready to enter yet, to find out more of what goes on. I'm guessing that you have a bike engined car, and you will be able to see quite a few of these/talk to some of the guys who run them. As you're already finding on the Forum - there's lots of advice on offer.

There is a non championship race at Mallory on 5th July, which has a full grid, but which isn't part of our Championship. A better bet might be the next Championship rounds at Donington 18th July (a substitute for a round in June which was flooded out) or Silverstone on 1st August. Let me know if you want to come along and I can help make sure you meet people.

Hope to see/hear from you

Simon Davey
Monoposto Racing Club
Club Administrator

karl
Flag waver
Flag waver

Post by karl »

Thank you Simon,

I did get a few pm's when I said I was going to spectate a one of your meeting's but couldn't make it, in the end.

I plan to watch a the round a Silverstone on the 1st of Aug.

I will be booking the ards test this week.

I have caluculated what I expect it will cost to finish building the car, harnesses, fire extingwisher etc.. etc... including all the fees associated with getting the car on the track might be a push, with my finances at this exact time. I aim to complete the licence and car within a month, test/shake down shortly after.

I work for my self and I have a few things n the pipe line so - there is a good chance I might get a race in soon- Whilst trying to renovate the whole house and keep therefore keeping wife happy.

Dermot Healy
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by Dermot Healy »

".....I have caluculated what I expect it will cost to finish building the car, harnesses, fire extingwisher etc.. etc..."

You may find a phone call to 07703-162409 could result in a reduction in your expenditure on harness/extinguisher etc....

GP
Marshal
Marshal

Post by GP »

Karl with reference to your above comments. if you go motor racing a stong chance exists that you will never keep a wife happy. never finish doing up a house etc. In fact if you go balls out at it[motor racing] never continue to own. But have to keep a wife. And guess what DITTO to the house....In actuall fact its not quite that bad. so get your arse along to Mallory this weekend as you will not find a nicer bunch than the mono club. look us up [ red jedi ] with my speed bunny at her first race outing.kind regards GP

samier
Roaming Correspondent
Roaming Correspondent

Post by samier »

GP is right, you cant keep a woman happy when you end up spending 1000's on a race car.. but the trick is to treat her at the same time as treating your car to new bits;)

You should really pop along to a race meeting and speak to the guys who you will be racing with. Majority of them are a friendly bunch!

GP
Marshal
Marshal

Post by GP »

Mine looks lovely from the front and espically the rear. and is not in need of any new bits. However she does require a jolly good set up. followed by a serious going through. and a damnd good shake down. However if i am riding on her at a flat out pace. And the brakes lock on. That can be a bitch...KIND REGARDS. GP

AVIT!
Recovery
Recovery

Post by AVIT! »

you guys really need to buckle things up a little!
she cant even see what your spending if you lower the blind in the kitchen and close the door!
tut tut! the older genaration need to follow the youth of today and take control!

AVIT!
Avit! motorsport taking club racing back to its routes by beating wallets on a small budget!

karl
Flag waver
Flag waver

Post by karl »

I'm not quite sure if I fall into the old catagory or that I want to be in the young one / quite what generation I fall into, im not sure? Probably a bit old before my time, I dont drink lager any more! - and I gave up cheap cider, and hanging about in gangs outside chip shops some time ago before it was fashionable to carry screwdrives and knives.- Although that might be an option to raise some extra cash, would I have to give receipts and declare it as a second income?

Now our house has been rewired and the cables are still exposed in the kitchen, Her new kitchen appliances are in the spare room. - the "blinds shut and the kitchen door closed" it dosent quite mask the sound of that engine in the garage.-

I usually find a plastic bag over the head and some duct tape stops them moaning (that's any one, not just women I'm not sexist)- (I saw it in a film once) I wouldn't do that- she's a great cook!-

I can't make Mallory - but I will come to Silverstone-