FHR SCRUTINEERING

General Paddock Chatter
CHRIS LORD FVL
Marshal
Marshal

FHR SCRUTINEERING

Post by CHRIS LORD FVL »

With the first meeting now done and dusted I'm wondering what scrutineering dramas (if any) were experienced with the new FHR regulations. Were angles and measurements taken with drivers in their cars to ensure compliance? If that was the case were non complying cars/drivers allowed to compete or has this all so far been a bit of a storm in a tea cup? Just interested as I'm finding it a real pain to get angles etc. correct with my car according to the blue book and I don't fancy the expense of entering and turning up at a meeting only to be kicked out at scrutineering. Comments please.

Eddie Guest
Marshal
Marshal

Re: FHR SCRUTINEERING

Post by Eddie Guest »

From what I saw there were no dramas with FHRs, the scrutineers checked compatibility with posts and FHR straps, found an FHR with a screw missing, which was a good find but I didn't see them check anything with the angles etc. They treated it like gloves, suits etc. Did they comply with the specs, they didn't check fit.

It was the same last year for those who had them. Hope that puts your mind at rest although if you are concerned about fit them I am sure there will be people at the track more than willing to work with you.

stevenconnor
Recovery
Recovery

Re: FHR SCRUTINEERING

Post by stevenconnor »

We had one competitor who had a problem with his helmet. It was the wrong combination of being a new (ish) helmet but having been fitted with the early (2002 reg) posts. This was rejected at scrutineering on Sunday. The advice was either to get new (2010) reg posts from the on-site shop or a new helmet. I know that person got out on Monday so it was resolved.

The scrutineer referred to the same diagram in our StartLine article. http://startline.org.uk/slol91/2016prep.html

Some were also advised that their HANS did not have clear labeling (notably the 2002 or 2010 regulation compliance) for either the device or the tethers and this could lead to potential problems during the season.