Reynard 883 F3 body panels

General Paddock Chatter
Alistair Bell
Marshal
Marshal

Reynard 883 F3 body panels

Post by Alistair Bell »

I have just dropped my very heavily overweight body panels off with ABS Motorsport who make all the panels for the BTCC cars. He is going to quote me for making moulds from my panels then remanufacturing new light weight composite panels (appx 50% lighter).

If anyone is interested in new panels for a similar car please let me know as the development costs are quite high and the break even point seems to be about 10 sets. Alternatively if there are a few of us perhaps we could share the development cost. Will post a new message when he comes up with the costs involved.

Cheers. Alistair Bell Tel 07969-812424

Alistair Bell
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Reynard 883 F3 body panels

Post by Alistair Bell »

Dear All

Sadly the cost of reproducing the moulds for the panels with my guy is preventatively expensive to do on my own appx £4500 !! After that a full set of excellent quality panes was about £1000 which at about 16 kgs was fair I thought. Sadly he was switched on enough to realise there is a limited market in such a thing so didn't want to make the moulds for himself. If Reynard 883 owners around the globe club together we could manage I dare say or if original moulds which Kevan Mc. says were destroyed some time ago could be found we might be on to something.

Cheers. Alistair

jimblockley
Recovery
Recovery

Re: Reynard 883 F3 body panels

Post by jimblockley »

I think you will find Kevan is right, when i ran Reynard 903 & 923 i bought panels from John Duff who was on the Southampton area. They were panels he had left over from when he did them for reynard, but he told me the moulds were long gone.They were to bulky to keep.

It might be worth contact Nick Edgington, he has a tame man who works in a bath manufacturing company.This guy made some moulds for my Ralt ie nose, cockpit and engine cover quite reasonable, if your panels are suitable to use as a plug.