Monoposto 2014

General Paddock Chatter
jimblockley
Recovery
Recovery

Re: Monoposto 2014

Post by jimblockley »

sorry but do not understand the point the previous post is making.

Even if the regulation is implemented anyone can still buy one set of new tyres for each meeting, 10 sets a year !!! £8k, like Geoff says all it would do is penalize the least well of competitor.

More concerning is the wet weather rule, if i read it correctly.

At the Silverstone round of the Frank Tiedeman trophy qualify was on a wet track but the session was not declared wet, according to the results sheet. Would we have had to go out on slicks?

tonybishop
Flag waver
Flag waver

Post by tonybishop »

Totally confused , is one set of new tyres per meeting considered acceptable within rules for Mono 2000 or not ? ..... do not agree with the guideline, but appreciate it must be there for some reason , but thought it was just that , a guideline .

jimblockley
Recovery
Recovery

Post by jimblockley »

nothing confusing Tony The way i read it.
tyres are free for 2014 same as 2013 , the regulation will only implemented if it is felt a competitor is abusing the spirit of Mono by throwing muliple sets of new or newly scrubbed tyres at the car in one weekend.
which apparently someone did this year.

Ask Simon for clarification if you are not sure.

tristancliffe
Lifetime achievement award
Lifetime achievement award

Post by tristancliffe »

I thought you could use wet tyres whenever you liked (e.g. Dry start, but gambling on it raining). But if the race is declared wet then you must go out on wets. Not that anyone, fortunately, pays any attention to that silly rule, as those gifted drives on slicks in wet conditions. ( through choice) are often very impressive.
Tristan Cliffe - MSV F3 Cup - Dallara F307 Image
Monoposto Champion 2008, 2010 & 2011 with a Reynard 883 and a Dallara F398, and F3 Cup and Team Champion 2012

RedRedWine
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by RedRedWine »

My apologies that trying to post from an ipad while in an airport coming back from holiday logging on to an unsecured router didn't allow me time to highlight the key passage before the wifi dropped. Now I'm on real computer I can, I hope it makes a little more sense/ adds to the clarity. Obviously, as a director I am neither endorsing or arguing with the member, just helping him to give voice to his views.

"The key wording is highlighted below and I wonder how many of you actually read the SRs that are given to you for each meeting? They are not the same for every track race club or event and you need to double check them. The wording of the rule also points to which class is affected and it is always best to read the rules thoroughly!

5.13.3 Unless the Supplementary Regulations for the meeting specify otherwise, for cars running in the Mono 2000 and Mono Classic 2000 classes only two front and two rear "dry" tyres per meeting(including Double and Twin Header meetings) are permitted per car. Competitors prior to qualifying must ensure that the four "dry" tyres they wish to use for the duration of the whole meeting have been identification-marked by the Championship Scrutineer.

During a meeting an identification-marked tyre must not be substituted without obtaining approval from theChampionship Scrutineer, who will identification-mark the replacement tyre. If approval is not obtained, the Competitor is responsible to ensure that continued use of the tyre is safe. Any identification-marked tyre which has been substituted must be presented in conjunction with the relevant car at post qualifying/race scrutineering. Any competitor found during post qualifying/race scrutineering, to have qualified or raced with an unmarked or incorrectly marked tyre will be subject to judicial procedures and penalties under C3 of the 2014 MSA Year Book;but Championship penalties under C3.5.1 will not be applied. The number of wet-weather tyres permitted per car per meeting is free.

A wet-weather tyre is any tyre other than an identification-marked "dry" tyre. Wet-weather tyres can only be used if the track is declared "Wet" by the Clerk of the Course. The car's rear light must be illuminated at all times when it is running on wet-weather tyres."
Tony Cotton
Accepting reality with stoicism