Thanks Simon Davey

General Paddock Chatter
broadside
Recovery
Recovery

Thanks Simon Davey

Post by broadside »

Just got back from Snetterton and would like to say a big thank you to Simon for all your exceptional work this year, your positive attitude and enthusiam both prior to meetings and around the paddock has been invaluable. Your a great asset to the club.

Keep up the good work!
Graham P
Reynard 863 No17

RedRedWine
Mechanic
Mechanic

Re: Thanks Simon Davey

Post by RedRedWine »

You said it Graham.
Tony Cotton
Accepting reality with stoicism

tristancliffe
Lifetime achievement award

Post by tristancliffe »

I said it to him in person, and would like to echo Graham's comments. Well done Simon, you're a credit to the club, and you've made the atmosphere at the meetings so much nicer with the little (but effective) awards ceremonies - it gets everyone together as a club, rather than individuals going racing separately, and allows everyone to hear how people got on in the other races/classes.

Top notch, and I hope you do the same next year.
Tristan Cliffe - MSV F3 Cup - Dallara F307 Image
Monoposto Champion 2008, 2010 & 2011 with a Reynard 883 and a Dallara F398, and F3 Cup and Team Champion 2012

Terry Scannell
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Terry Scannell »

Being a slight intruder to the forum if I may, I would also wish to add my sincere appreciation to Simon for all the hard work he has done as the link between the Mono competitors and the Race Control team upon the Club's visits to a certain circuit in the flatlands on both occasions this year, though at times he must be considering that he should change his mobile number to stop me pestering him!! :lol:

Seriously though Simon, you are a real credit to the club! Well done and look forward to seeing you back next year!

Terry

Dave
Flag waver
Flag waver

Post by Dave »

I agree 100%.
He chases people up to attend the prize givings and also to go out for qualifying and racing.
His little speeches at these ceremonies are just enough to be right but filled with shrewd observations and praise where it is due.

I'm not sure if the club has made any plans to get a guest for the annual dinner prizegiving like last year.
My view is that Simon, assisted by the lovely Sara, have done a fabulous job all year and I for one would rather receive my trophy from them than some paid visitor. I will be raising this at the next directors meeting but would welcome comment from other racing members.
David Parkinson
1600. No 66

Impkat
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Impkat »

I would just like to say I have thoroughly enjoyed this seasons racing in the Monoposto championship. I have found it to be a very friendly paddock, with everyone helping each other out and being very supportive.
I feel Simon has been an excellent co-ordinator this season. He is a great speaker, witty, very good at identifying everyone's achievement/battles going on in the different classes, supportive and last but not least very organised. . which is great for the not so organised people (like myself!!!).

I hope everyone has a lovely break over the winter (apologies to my dad for my "teeny weenie mistake". . . I know you weren't planning on picking up any spanners after snetterton. I guess I will get my hands dirty this year after all! No more jokes Mr Freeman!!).

I look forward to the Awards/Dinner!

Best Wishes,

Kat

tristancliffe

Post by tristancliffe »

Dave wrote:I agree 100%.
He chases people up to attend the prize givings and also to go out for qualifying and racing.
His little speeches at these ceremonies are just enough to be right but filled with shrewd observations and praise where it is due.

I'm not sure if the club has made any plans to get a guest for the annual dinner prizegiving like last year.
My view is that Simon, assisted by the lovely Sara, have done a fabulous job all year and I for one would rather receive my trophy from them than some paid visitor. I will be raising this at the next directors meeting but would welcome comment from other racing members.
As a whipper snapper my view should probably be ignored (as ever) but I agree about Simon being the guest speaker and prize giver. I personally felt that last years speaker, who I'm sure has had a long and distinguished time in motorsport, managed to make his speech very dull and boring. Maybe the wrong stories, maybe just uncomfortable in front of people, but I was relieved when he finished. Cruel I know, which is why I suggest my comments are ignored.

Simon, however, is great at talking to a crowd and has some wonderful stories from his time in motorsport, and knows what sort of thing would be relevant to the Mono crowd. There is a fair chance he could tell stories for hours without people falling asleep.

So my vote goes for Simon, but only if he is happy to.
Tristan Cliffe - MSV F3 Cup - Dallara F307 Image
Monoposto Champion 2008, 2010 & 2011 with a Reynard 883 and a Dallara F398, and F3 Cup and Team Champion 2012