Hi,

General Paddock Chatter
mwalters
Recovery
Recovery

Hi,

Post by mwalters »

Hi all,

Im wondering if any one will be running a formula vauxhall junior at this weekends donnington meeting? I'd really like to be able to pop into someone's garage/paddock area to have a look over another car and to get help with a few questions etc!! I know im being cheeky but just trying to get mine out of the garage sooner rather than later!! Being new to mono, i'm in need of a few friends in this class!

Hope to see you there!

regards
Matt
- you only live once! -

samier
Roaming Correspondent
Roaming Correspondent

Re: Hi,

Post by samier »

Rupert normally runs a FVJ, He wasnt there at Snett, maybe he will be at Donington. What issues are you still having? Have you tested the car yet?

conan
Marshal
Marshal

Post by conan »

Im not an expert on FVJ
But come and have a chat if you want
No 85 blue and white Mygale 1800 zetec
Pete

RedRedWine
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by RedRedWine »

Tony Cotton, green 2000, no8. I ran an FVJ for 10 years without knowing a thing. Still don't. I think I have the world record for the longest continual persistence in a Formula Vauxhall Junior.
Tony Cotton
Accepting reality with stoicism

mwalters
Recovery
Recovery

Post by mwalters »

Thanks guys, I'll see you there!

Samier, I'm still in the process of cleaning and prep etc, but I'm really close now apart from the usual bodywork cracks and a repaint job!

I'm wanting to remove the engine so I can replace the belts, as the last time the car was serviced was '06, but have no idea how this is done and without an engine crane/lift this seems a little daunting!!! Then I've got to set the brake balance, adjust the track and camber (as all suspension has been shot blasted and powder coated) and voila! I should be there!!

;)

Matt
- you only live once! -