Snetterton Do we do something on Saturday Night ?

General Paddock Chatter
phuston
Recovery
Recovery

Post by phuston »

I have just been in contact with the landlord of the 'Angel Inn' Larling. :lol:

Location of 'The Angel Inn': leave Snetterton by turning left onto the A11, first left & left again.

There is also the old, very quiet main road for those who wish to walk, the distance is less than a mile. The landlord can arrange taxi service.

There is another function at the Angel on that Saturday night but the landlord can offer accommodation for a meal for up to 24 in one room + another 15 in another room.

The busy time for the other function is between 730-830pm.

Please communicate any interest.
Patrick H
Mono1800 Rep & Club Sec

andrewcliffe
Respected elder statesman
Respected elder statesman

Post by andrewcliffe »

Tristan, Emma and myself will have to be excused. We're all members of an amateur dramatics society and we are all involved.

I do sound and lights. Emma and Tristan are acting.

Busy week that week....
Andrew Cliffe - Monoposto photographer - http://www.norwichphoto.co.uk & Racing Exposure - http://www.racingexposure.com/blog

ofarc
Flag waver
Flag waver

Post by ofarc »

Angel Sounds good to me, or there is a White Horse pub at Attleborough or something like that up the road. A11 to Norwich, first roundabout turn right.
St. Cross Electronics - Quality Cable Assemblies for the motorsport industry and beyond.
www.motorsportcables.com
www.st-cross-electronics.co.uk

RedRedWine
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by RedRedWine »

Alright, Andrew, I'll ask before LFK makes a suitable suggestion - what's the play? Nothing involving pirates again?? If it's Shaw or Coward put me down for a saturday ticket and I'll do the Sunday race
Tony Cotton
Accepting reality with stoicism

tristancliffe
Lifetime achievement award

Post by tristancliffe »

Two plays.

The first, which is partly the Youth Group, is an adaption of a true story about a girl with anorexia in the 70s, and her ultimately doomed battle to beat it. Very sad and thought provoking in the end, but a fantastic bit of drama and culture.

The second is to lighten the mood - three exerts from an adaption of the Canterbury Tales. I'm Sir Codsbrain (typecast again!) and Tom (of Tom, ?>:@{}< and Harry fame). Emma plays an Old Woman and a Nun (separately). Andrew, as already stated, is on technical.

I can't remember what ticket prices are, but the main downside is that it's about 40 minutes from Snetterton (20 minutes from my house in the opposite direction, which is already 20 minutes from Snet). So I can't imagine that even the cultural minded racers will choose such a long evening over one sat in a pub with likeminded fellows!
Tristan Cliffe - MSV F3 Cup - Dallara F307 Image
Monoposto Champion 2008, 2010 & 2011 with a Reynard 883 and a Dallara F398, and F3 Cup and Team Champion 2012

Emma Cliffe
Flag waver
Flag waver

Post by Emma Cliffe »

However, I believe there may be a bar and I also believe our prices are cheaper than a pubs!

However, the bar does shut whilst the acting happens - the clinking of glasses puts some of us off!

phuston
Recovery
Recovery

Post by phuston »

Saturday night at the theatre would certainly be a different (unique) end to the season.
Patrick H
Mono1800 Rep & Club Sec

tristancliffe

Post by tristancliffe »

'Theatre' rather overstates us! It's amateur dramatics!

I forgot to mention it's half 'in the round', and there is very little in the way of set or scenery, so imagination is also a requirement!
Monoposto Champion 2008, 2010 & 2011 with a Reynard 883 and a Dallara F398, and F3 Cup and Team Champion 2012

Ian
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Ian »

I don't know whether to laugh or cry about where this thread is heading!!

Anyhow, to try and get back on track, count sara and i in for the pub and meal etc. It would be great to finish our 50th anniversary year with a "bit of a do".
Ian H - "Just Plain Sexy"

Pigpen
Flag waver
Flag waver

Post by Pigpen »

I think separately is a stupid name for a nun.

tristancliffe

Post by tristancliffe »

haha, boom boom tisssh (slaps thigh)

TFR
Recovery
Recovery

Post by TFR »

well if you guys dont make up your minds about something to do i will have to arange something. i will worn you now it will not be a nice little quiz, i happen to own lots of glue sticks and i will make use of them some how!!!!

Sarah