Silverstone GP

General Paddock Chatter
arty cameron
Marshal
Marshal

Silverstone GP

Post by arty cameron »

I forgot to mention- I thought the marshalls were unbelievable- who would stand in the cold rain all weekend for no money?! Without them there would be no racing. Interesting seeing all these comments about safety through visability. No one did anything intentially, sometimes things happen! We did everything to try and rectify ours in literally minutes before the start. Looking at safety in general, a more common danger is the use or 'non use' of mirrors! Motorsport can be dangerous, Live with it !

lee
Recovery
Recovery

Re: Silverstone GP

Post by lee »

Agree 100%
Ex Magic Motorsports official 3rd and test driver.
The other 883 outright race winner......seems so long ago!
Lee Bennett

Nat Filmore

Post by Nat Filmore »

arty cameron wrote:I forgot to mention- I thought the marshalls were unbelievable- who would stand in the cold rain all weekend for no money?! Without them there would be no racing. Interesting seeing all these comments about safety through visability. No one did anything intentially, sometimes things happen! We did everything to try and rectify ours in literally minutes before the start. Looking at safety in general, a more common danger is the use or 'non use' of mirrors! Motorsport can be dangerous, Live with it !
Many drivers have commented on the 'non use' of mirrors by certain monoposti. The marshals remark reminds me of the old joke about a bloke who is paid nothing to clear up Elephant droppings in the circus, frequently getting covered in them. Someone offers him a paid job and he says; "What and leave Show Business?" Seriously though we should never forget the marshals, especially as apparently they can influence a formula's accepabilty with race organisers; who would have thought of that? PS Well done Arty, but do check your speling.....and rain light.

jimblockley
Recovery
Recovery

Post by jimblockley »

I would think the opposite excessive use of mirrors is a problem. when racing for a
position the driver in front seems to spend more time looking the mirror andtrying to block the challenging driver, which often results in both going slower and allowing slower competitors to catch.Also how many times has it end in tears with excessive weaving and blocking.

I know u were probably referring to lapping slower cars but in mono it has always been the case espsecially with speed differential in the classes.

By the way Arty mega driver on those first laps of the second race where did u find the grip.

Nat Filmore

Post by Nat Filmore »

Safety is one thing, but correct English usage is a much more serious issue. "Excessive use of mirrors" is an oxymoron and falls foul of both concerns. One could at least hope that "classic" racers could write and spell; they at least have the benefit of a proper education.

Paperman
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by Paperman »

I have deleted a post by Vincent Fox.

Simon Davey

Monoposto Racing Club
Administrator

RedRedWine
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by RedRedWine »

Agree 100% with Arty re marshalls. Slightly dazed (mentally, no physical injury), I stepped from my car on Hangar Straight and a marshall was there to urge me to get over the wall. If I could have gone off so could somebody else, they did a great job on Friday looking after us all. Thanks, chaps.
Tony Cotton
Accepting reality with stoicism

Vincent Fox

Post by Vincent Fox »

I suggest Simon buys and reads this book

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSear ... 07051.html

A reminder of his obligations

Nat Filmore

Post by Nat Filmore »

....and I suggest the Club buys him this

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/book ... n+(No.+90)

jimblockley
Recovery
Recovery

Post by jimblockley »

Sorry Nat i had to leave school early to earn a living, so i did not hone my english language skills like the did in NZ

Nat Filmore

Post by Nat Filmore »

It's never too late. After his recent birthday Tony C enrolled here:

http://www.u3a.org.uk/home.html

broadside
Recovery
Recovery

Post by broadside »

I'm glad to see some support for the marshalls at last, I can't believe people airing such comments on the forum, none of us could race without them. I for one think all of them deserve a medal.

Thank you marshalls all over the UK, 99.99% of us hold you in extremely high regard
Graham P
Reynard 863 No17

stevengriffin
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by stevengriffin »

Im reelly sory that their our some people who are takking the miq becose some member of monopisto cant’ spell. Its’ a disgrace as for bad gramer, well…..
Not everyone had the benifet of a expenseve educashun like me (state school-free university in my case).
We are a race club not a literay society.
:wink:

andrewcliffe
Respected elder statesman
Respected elder statesman

Post by andrewcliffe »

Am uploading the photos from the Britcar24 swimming and canoeing competition to my site now.

Direct URL is http://www.racingexposure.com/mono2010/nc_britcar/

My lens died during the event, dispite using a rain cover. Its at the repair shop now and hopefully I'll get it back in time for Silverstone, otherwise I'll set up an easel and use watercolours if the weather is nice...

Still got to sort out Oulton Park photos.
Andrew Cliffe - Monoposto photographer - http://www.norwichphoto.co.uk & Racing Exposure - http://www.racingexposure.com/blog

samier
Roaming Correspondent
Roaming Correspondent

Post by samier »

hope you get it sorted mate great pics!... Btw what lens do you use?