New Mono Website

General Paddock Chatter
samier
Roaming Correspondent
Roaming Correspondent

New Mono Website

Post by samier »

I clicked on my Mono bookmark this morning to find that it had finally been updated!

Well done to those who put time and effort into it and giving the club website and web presence that professional look.

tristancliffe
Lifetime achievement award

Re: New Mono Website

Post by tristancliffe »

Andrew is quite pleased, but there are still some rough edges to sort out here and there. I'm sure Tony, Patrick and Simon (and everyone else that keeps things going on the website) will be able to cope.

During the early days, I'm sure reports of broken links, typos, errors etc. will be well received, so if you find one let us know in this thread. Ta.
Tristan Cliffe - MSV F3 Cup - Dallara F307 Image
Monoposto Champion 2008, 2010 & 2011 with a Reynard 883 and a Dallara F398, and F3 Cup and Team Champion 2012

tristancliffe

Post by tristancliffe »

First report!

The gallery links appear to be broken. Should point to http://www.racingexposure.com/mono2010/ rather than http://racingexposure.com/mono/2010/

Also, the gallery links are tucked away. Personally (am I biased?) I think they should be more accessible. If there isn't room for their own menu, then perhaps under results?
Monoposto Champion 2008, 2010 & 2011 with a Reynard 883 and a Dallara F398, and F3 Cup and Team Champion 2012

andrewcliffe
Respected elder statesman

Post by andrewcliffe »

Thank you.

Much of the wording is the same, but given a bit of spit and polish. Any gremlins, bugs or other things found, please let me know.

It should be easier to maintain as well.
Andrew Cliffe - Monoposto photographer - http://www.norwichphoto.co.uk & Racing Exposure - http://www.racingexposure.com/blog

broadside
Recovery
Recovery

Post by broadside »

If I open the site from Firefox (my normal browser) I still get the old site..................... :?
Graham P
Reynard 863 No17

tristancliffe

Post by tristancliffe »

Go to the Mono site (old). Then press Ctrl-F5 on your keyboard, which should force-refresh the page.

The old version is saved to your computer, and it needs to be told to recheck for new stuff.

broadside
Recovery
Recovery

Post by broadside »

Cheers Tristan, that sorted it.
Graham P
Reynard 863 No17

AVIT!
Recovery
Recovery

Post by AVIT! »

I know things move on and tims change!
but i dont think this new web site is a step forward!
maybe its not finished? but if thats the case why go live with it!
my father is completely lost now and had just got it too, so he came to me for help and im on computers alot and never really seem to have trouble with sites but this one got me big time!
it does not seem to make any sense, I was trying to find latest points tables and couldnt.
sorry to be a moaner but this is the forfront of the clubs advertising and its not ver encouragable for current members never mind new ones.
hope this does not upset any body but i had to say my bit as im lost without all the bits i usually get of the site.

if someone can explaine how to get points tables for now it would be greatly appreciated

AVIT!
Avit! motorsport taking club racing back to its routes by beating wallets on a small budget!

andrewcliffe

Post by andrewcliffe »

Comments noted.

I am working on an app which will display all the points tables.

Until this is ready, the championship tables are compiled by Simon and sent out as a PDF, usually with final instructions. I need to give Simon and those that will have requirement to edit the site some instructions.

Mono 1800

Pete Bragg - 93 (Pete already has two dropped rounds)
Michael Dale - 83 (Michael has contested all rounds to date)
Jim Timms - 74 (Jim has already dropped two rounds)
Rupert Reader - 71 (Rupert has one dropped round at Anglesey)
Jock Sergison - 67 (yet to drop a round)
Phil Nicholson - 59 (three dropped rounds so far)
Doug McLay - 50 (two dropped rounds)

What I would like to know is what existing members need from the Mono site and what prospective members need.

Edit: Have posted current championship tables - can be found on the NEWS button.
Andrew Cliffe - Monoposto photographer - http://www.norwichphoto.co.uk & Racing Exposure - http://www.racingexposure.com/blog

AVIT!
Recovery
Recovery

Post by AVIT! »

Hi Andrew!
hope my words did not offend !
my comments come direct as i found it as im no web page builder so dont know what is involved
all i use is calender :- pics of tracks and dates
points tables |:- to work out weather i need to put a turbo and noz on daves car!
link to forum and startline
and pics from you of the races
that weather thing was pretty cool to!

and i think pics off hot totty in pit babe outfits would be cool too!

AVIT!
Avit! motorsport taking club racing back to its routes by beating wallets on a small budget!

andrewcliffe

Post by andrewcliffe »

Of course not, what one person wants and needs is different to another and its striking the correct balance.

You provide hot totty, and I'll photograph them... (and I don't want you turning up in hotpants)

RedRedWine
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by RedRedWine »

Ewen

We use a weather system adapted from that recommended by the late Ken Tyrrell.

1 Step out of awning.
2 Look up.
3 If face gets wet, use grooved tyres.
4 If panicking, use whatever tyres are already on car.

Actually it was rubbish as a system at Oulton but it does make me sound like a smarta**e
Tony Cotton
Accepting reality with stoicism

samier
Roaming Correspondent
Roaming Correspondent

Post by samier »

How about the club get some hot girls for race weekends! We could do with some, there are far too many men in the paddock area and Im sure everyone would welcome it!!

Another £10 pounds on the race entry would not break the bank and could help pay for them.

lee
Recovery
Recovery

Post by lee »

I agree with the sentiment that Hans play a large part in safety but:

1) Why are they so expensive?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2) Is the ‘Hans’ study the only one carried out on this type of accident by the FIA? If so isn’t there a conflict of interests?
3) Why do the MSA keep bringing in silly rules about changing belts every 5 minutes. A 5 year old set can be just as good as a set used once. The scruteneers can only take your word that an in date set has never been in an accident.
4) Stop making us buy stupid white elephants like transponders at £200 a pop. They don’t even use them for timing! Only car recognition where 50p number decals used to be adequate. (This is another rant of mine. I was unlucky to have a Chronit transponder when they first came out only for it to become obsolete at the end of the season. It was a lottery at the time which one you were issued with). Money wasted in the two above areas could be put towards a Hans.

I don’t believe it should be made compulsory along with cameras. It should be about choice. Clean up the driving and remember this is dangerous.

I must be alone in listing Mallory as a must enter meeting when I competed. Although 2 out of the 3 accidents in 8 seasons racing where there I still think it’s a great venue. The compact paddock may be shabby but it does create its own unique atmosphere. The track itself is no more dangerous than Oulton for proximity of barriers.

If Hans pricing was inline with an acceptable level, yes I would buy one.
Ex Magic Motorsports official 3rd and test driver.
The other 883 outright race winner......seems so long ago!
Lee Bennett

lee
Recovery
Recovery

Post by lee »

oops wrong forum
Ex Magic Motorsports official 3rd and test driver.
The other 883 outright race winner......seems so long ago!
Lee Bennett