Donington Editorial

General Paddock Chatter
schomosport
Recovery
Recovery

Donington Editorial

Post by schomosport »

"The move, from Saturday to Sunday generated no comment on the Forum, something that caused me considerable surprise,"

Although the late timing of the change was rather rude on this occaision the change suited my purposes as I was still prepering the car. I can however confirm that on seeing the timetable I wrote off any thoughts of getting a full 15 minutes racing and fully expected a (probably red flag) curtailed even as soon as someone went ito a gravel trap... Getting much too cynical methinks.
Schomosport

bill
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Donington Editorial

Post by bill »

Our races were moved for a reason no doubt for the BRSCC to accommodate some of their own. To find both races at the tail end of a long weekend was never going to be a success. The BRSCC will be keen to reschedule as they must have lost a fair bit of money. I accept that they were not to blame for the weather but by moving the race to late Sunday they effectively put paid to any chance of us racing. I would prefer not to race with them again and would ask for a full refund.

samier
Roaming Correspondent
Roaming Correspondent

Post by samier »

If they come back with a crazy refund offer I hope you guys can all stick together and demand a full refund. I for one will be asking for that....

stevengriffin
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by stevengriffin »

I feel we should hang on for a full refund as we may be offered something that we cannot take. It was always a bit of a punt that Mono 2000 was ever going to get a race even with good weather.
I have been in this position before with the BRSCC. We paid to race at Donnington Park last weekend, not somewhere else at some other time.
It is my opinion that the BRSCC is not a club to go racing with, the events of the weekend (not the rain) but the scheduling and generally unhelpful treatment support my view.
Am I alone in thinking that many of the people who run races are not in positions of authority between Monday and Friday?

samier
Roaming Correspondent
Roaming Correspondent

Post by samier »

I got an email yesterday and that to me suggesed that they are looking to reschedule after an investigation. No mention of refunds. :roll: