Mallory Park bar!

General Paddock Chatter
AVIT!
Recovery
Recovery

Mallory Park bar!

Post by AVIT! »

Is this shocking news true?
Sarah Harvey Fern has just informed me that the bar on the entrance to the circut is closed!
We simple must stay calm and just cancell the whole weekend!
We best not get to upset about it but im sure you will all agree with team AVIT! the we cant race under these conditions!

What is happening to the world?

ADIT! :cry:
Avit! motorsport taking club racing back to its routes by beating wallets on a small budget!

broadside
Recovery
Recovery

Re: Mallory Park bar!

Post by broadside »

Thank god I'm not competing, the only way I can sleep in my tent is by having 15 pints of local ale :lol:
Graham P
Reynard 863 No17

Emma Cliffe
Flag waver
Flag waver

Post by Emma Cliffe »

The only drinks I recall seeing in the cafe were of the soft variety, but that was when we were last there.

Leave a rain tyre at home and use the space spared to bring your own beer? No, maybe not...
Former Hanger on & gaffer tape applier - Mono2000 - Dallara F398.
Mrs Monoposto Photographer.
Mrs "have you bought the biscuits?" Char lady

Dave
Flag waver
Flag waver

Post by Dave »

It is on the bars website that it is ceased trading due to the smoking ban !!!!!!!!!!!

Something else that can be blamed on the present government.

If the Avit men are not given regular doses of alcoholic medicine then there will be no help for any competitors with mechanical problems. This will result in less people on the grid, less people entering the following meetings and eventually the sport will founder.

The only solution that I can think of is that all competitors carry a bottle, in a brown paper bag, so that instant aid can be given to any of the Avit personnel who start shaking or seem to be acting abnormally.
David Parkinson
1600. No 66

samier
Roaming Correspondent
Roaming Correspondent

Post by samier »

Why do we bother with Mallory? from what I remember the facilities are just disasterous!! Not looking forward to the crumbled up paddock!!

tristancliffe
Lifetime achievement award

Post by tristancliffe »

samier wrote:Why do we bother with Mallory? from what I remember the facilities are just disasterous!! Not looking forward to the crumbled up paddock!!
You sound like a certain Bernard! F1 this isn't. :D

This is club racing - we just race in the UK, and it just so happens that a lot of people like Mallory. Yes, the paddock surface isn't the best (!), and it's lacking some of the MSV style facilities (or even a proper pitbuilding, mainly due to lack of space I think), but it's still a good circuit to race on.

And even after the debacle that was 2007 people still returned, so if people don't vote with their feet then the club will keep trying to go back.
Tristan Cliffe - MSV F3 Cup - Dallara F307 Image
Monoposto Champion 2008, 2010 & 2011 with a Reynard 883 and a Dallara F398, and F3 Cup and Team Champion 2012

samier
Roaming Correspondent
Roaming Correspondent

Post by samier »

Even if its only club racing, does not mean we have to put up with crap paddock facilities. They should really pull their fingers out of their ass and do something. They must make a lot out of trackdays, testing corporate driving events.. so it is no excuse! Last year my car bottomed out coming out of the weigh bridge/scrutineering area... not a nice experience!

tristancliffe

Post by tristancliffe »

I'll agree that's a bit rubbish - the humps and lumps in the scrutineering bay aren't compatible with single seaters really, even at 40mm. I dread to think what BRSCC F3 have to go through (actually, they probably get scrutineered in the paddock?).

If your car bottoms out, just say you've got to leave it there whilst you get jacks and stuff. If enough do that you'll cause all sorts of problems and they might think about fixing it. Or you just get to see the CotC and get lynched by fellow competitors :)

But it's a 'cheap' track that appeals to the masses, and is in a central location so it gets good grids, so I think it'll be on the calender for a while. And being a double header we get the honour of camping by the lakeside :roll:
Monoposto Champion 2008, 2010 & 2011 with a Reynard 883 and a Dallara F398, and F3 Cup and Team Champion 2012

andrewcliffe
Respected elder statesman
Respected elder statesman

Post by andrewcliffe »

Do you want duck, goose or swan for your BBQ dinner?

Mallory is a bit dilapidated, but they're too physically too small for a lot of bigger series so the cost of refurbishments would be firmly on club motorsport to bear the cost.
Andrew Cliffe - Monoposto photographer - http://www.norwichphoto.co.uk & Racing Exposure - http://www.racingexposure.com/blog

tristancliffe

Post by tristancliffe »

Never had swan. Might be worth it if we can make it look like it died of 'natural causes'...

samier
Roaming Correspondent
Roaming Correspondent

Post by samier »

Probably all killed and BBQ's by the Poles!! :lol:

Pigpen
Flag waver
Flag waver

Post by Pigpen »

Indeed the pub website says that it is shut. I don't want to get any hopes up, but decorators have been seen inside since. (presumably getting plastered, like we do) so keep your drinking fingers crossed.

AVIT!
Recovery
Recovery

Post by AVIT! »

I like it Dave !

I see you have found our weekness!
but needs must, you are leading the championship and need a good crew!

and as for Samire! Poles! Poles ! bloody hell man there were just simple planks of wood!

you really need to brush up on your small arms man!

AVIT!

Ps can we have the pit stop bottles evenly spred within the paddock area incase or extream shivers!
Avit! motorsport taking club racing back to its routes by beating wallets on a small budget!