Formula Vee to run in Mono 1600

General Paddock Chatter
samier
Roaming Correspondent
Roaming Correspondent

Re: Formula Vee to run in Mono 1600

Post by samier »

Pigpen wrote:The only problem I have encountered with formula Vee has been the drivers. On numerous occassions, testing sessions have been stopped because of comedy V drivers crashing into each other whilst racing. Their races seemed to be rather more accident packed as well. One can only assume that with their cars being "bomb proof" and not overly expensive they were less concerned about damage. Oh, and they were all Irish. so they were.
I agree, I almost bought a vee myself before I bought my current car. I went to see a few races and It was a bit hairy, drivers going for it like the winner will be an F1 driver! It ended in tears few cars went off the circuit and got bady damaged. I saw the mess and it put me off the cars.. besides, they look too agricultural

As long as they can behave on track and not crash into people then to add numbers to the grid its all good!

lee
Recovery
Recovery

Post by lee »

I
samier wrote:
Pigpen wrote:The only problem I have encountered with formula Vee has been the drivers. On numerous occassions, testing sessions have been stopped because of comedy V drivers crashing into each other whilst racing. Their races seemed to be rather more accident packed as well. One can only assume that with their cars being "bomb proof" and not overly expensive they were less concerned about damage. Oh, and they were all Irish. so they were.
I agree, I almost bought a vee myself before I bought my current car. I went to see a few races and It was a bit hairy, drivers going for it like the winner will be an F1 driver! It ended in tears few cars went off the circuit and got bady damaged. I saw the mess and it put me off the cars.. besides, they look too agricultural

As long as they can behave on track and not crash into people then to add numbers to the grid its all good!
I cant see why the standards are any worse to any other championship. When the racing is as close and competative as that in vee a little 'rubbin' will happen. There are one or two in mono that would be crazy in that pack of vee's and people may say i would be one of them!
Ex Magic Motorsports official 3rd and test driver.
The other 883 outright race winner......seems so long ago!
Lee Bennett

Pigpen
Flag waver
Flag waver

Post by Pigpen »

Lee. Trust me, (and Samier) (and ask hursty). For whatever reason, the Formula V driving I have witnessed has been pretty poor. If you don't "give a toss" about the car because it's easily repairable or strong enough to take the knocks, then you would race differently. A bit like if you had plenty of spare money and employed people to do all the mending/building for you.

As for your driving standards, well, I always thought you were quick, decisive and courteous (unless your name was Simon)

lee
Recovery
Recovery

Post by lee »

Looking back Dave you were right. I maybe was a little over aggressive when it came to Simon. But he was THE man to beat and very respected amongst the FF1600/club racing community. So i did kinda over do it :?
Would i do it again.............maybe :shock:
Ex Magic Motorsports official 3rd and test driver.
The other 883 outright race winner......seems so long ago!
Lee Bennett

Pigpen
Flag waver
Flag waver

Post by Pigpen »

I was only pulling your leg, but nice piece of diffusing there. You should be in the diplomatic core. XD