2009 Thanks!

General Paddock Chatter
tristancliffe
Lifetime achievement award
Lifetime achievement award

2009 Thanks!

Post by tristancliffe »

I hope I speak for many in that that was a very well run and organised meeting at Snetterton, and I think everyone involved deserves thanks. I know a lot of work goes into a race meeting, from organising it, paying for it, collating entries, preparing cars, running the sessions, providing the cups of tea, handing out prizes etc.

The CSCC (Hugo, Ros and Richard especially) did a good job, as the meeting ran pretty flawlessly in my opinion, and the Clerk of the Course was a superbly approachable and friendly man - a model CotC I feel.

Simon Davey had big boots to fill as the new club administrator, and I think he's been, quite simply, stunning in his role so far. It was great to see him at Stoneleigh pursuading people to come and race or sponsor our season, and his paddock prowling with notebook in hand suggests that he really is interesting in how each and every one of us get on. And the prize givings were something I've thought we missed - a little group session to congratulate those that did well, those that stood out, and commiserate those that didn't follow their planned script.

Sarah, as ever, excelled with the quiz, the prize givings and generally making sure people were in the know about any developments to the programme (or just handing out results sheets!).

I know vastly more people are involved in making each meeting happen, but over the weekend Simon and Sarah stood out, and they deserve direct praise.

But watching the 30 car grid race so, so closely for 15 minutes with barely any contact despite most of them all being in Russells at the same time (or so it seemed) I think the drivers (and their helpers, without which we'd have more wheels falling off and such like) deserve a pat on the back too for driving with speed (mostly), care and consideration, but without that reducing their competitivness in any way. Both were very, very enjoyable races to watch.

And lastly, the marshalls. They seemingly never get mentioned as being a factor in a meetings success, but without them none of us would be playing with racing cars at the weekends.

Sorry for the seemingly soppy start to the week, but that was quite probably the best run meeting I've attended, and those behind that deserve to know I am (we are) grateful for it.
Tristan Cliffe - MSV F3 Cup - Dallara F307 Image
Monoposto Champion 2008, 2010 & 2011 with a Reynard 883 and a Dallara F398, and F3 Cup and Team Champion 2012

broadside
Recovery
Recovery

Re: 2009 Thanks!

Post by broadside »

Well said Tristan, a very well run meeting with a very friendly atmosphere (and stunning weather!)

Graham
Graham P
Reynard 863 No17

andrewcliffe
Respected elder statesman
Respected elder statesman

Post by andrewcliffe »

Weather was lovely, and a huge contrast to last year when we had sun, rain, hail and snow!
Andrew Cliffe - Monoposto photographer - http://www.norwichphoto.co.uk & Racing Exposure - http://www.racingexposure.com/blog

samier
Roaming Correspondent
Roaming Correspondent

Post by samier »

It certainly was an enjoyable weekend!! I experienced all sorts of dramas.. initially by failing the nose test, which Dermot came to the rescue with his bag of old granny hairs to stuff as baffle for the exhaust!! :lol:

But I want to thank the likes of SPB, Rupert, Mr Bragg and Ewan for their help and advice over the weekend. Even though I did not get to do more than 3 laps on the Friday test sessions and Sat practice, thing went well in the race and on Sunday.

Oh and the Lovely Sarah with her smiling face.. makes a change from seeing old blokes all over the place!! We need more of you... Sarah invite your friends over next time!! :wink:

Dave
Flag waver
Flag waver

Post by Dave »

I agree with all that's been said.
Simon did a fabulous job and Sara carried on as normal handing times and results out and saving us the trouble of going to get them.
But what great weather and tremendous racing.
Roll on Anglesey so we can do it all again.
Congragulations to Tony Cotton who grabbed his first win in the 1600 class.
His nickname is now Bus. None come along for ages then there's two together.
David Parkinson
1600. No 66

Pigpen
Flag waver
Flag waver

Post by Pigpen »

I disagree. I thought it was a rubbish weekend!! Mind you, I was at home covered in fibreglass.

lee
Recovery
Recovery

Post by lee »

Pigpen wrote:I disagree. I thought it was a rubbish weekend!! Mind you, I was at home covered in fibreglass.
I thought you stopped doing all that kinky stuff?
Ex Magic Motorsports official 3rd and test driver.
The other 883 outright race winner......seems so long ago!
Lee Bennett

Pigpen
Flag waver
Flag waver

Post by Pigpen »

Never!!.... you can't beat getting all covered in re in. Oh hit i think one of the key ha got tuck down. Bo ock thralldoinitnow hlp thi i yr flt mr bent it.

broadside
Recovery
Recovery

Post by broadside »

:lol: i ow th loody eelin! :lol:
Graham P
Reynard 863 No17