FR2000 car, is this eligible?

General Paddock Chatter
Trev
Marshal
Marshal

FR2000 car, is this eligible?

Post by Trev »

Hi all

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question but I've been thinking about mono for quite some time and would love to run a formula Renault. However I am not sure if the cars I've been looking at would be eligible. Here's an example of one car I've seen:

http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listing/2 ... _spec.html

Would this be suitable for mono and up until what year/spec are the fr2000's eligble to enter?

Thanks

Trev
--- Trev ---
www.warondesign.com

omsracer
Recovery
Recovery

Re: FR2000 car, is this eligible?

Post by omsracer »

Trev,

The 'Regulations' section of the main Mono site will give you clear guidance and what you can run and what you cannot. Here is an extract:
Mono Formula 2000
a) Chassis complying with 5.5.1 (a or b)
b) Chassis complying with the 2008 (or earlier) Formula Renault BARC Technical
Regulations including bodywork and conforming to 5.6 as below. This chassis can only be
used with an engine conforming to 5.7 (e).
Note. It is permitted to replace components and fasteners to original dimension and
material, from alternative sources and Renault Sport homologation is not required.

If you still need additional assistance, ping a PM to our Technical Committee via David Cox.

Cheers
Peter
Peter Whitmore
Car # 4
2000 Classic

Trev
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Trev »

Thanks, I did actually take a look at the regulations first and saw as you've stated that the chassis has to be BARC 2008 or older spec so the above car should be eligble then?
--- Trev ---
www.warondesign.com

jimblockley
Recovery
Recovery

Post by jimblockley »

Do not forget you would have raise it to 40m/m.

Just in case you are not aware of the fact any cars in mono must run to the 40m/m ride height, regardless of what they were run at in there respective championship.

Hasbeen
Flag waver
Flag waver

Post by Hasbeen »

Dear Trev
Yes the car as shown driven by Iain Pearson would be eligible as he raced it in the BARC series. Their regs require the older style (up to 2004) chassis / bodywork and there are restrictions on engine induction and also a single set of gears ratios.
David
Re-living past glories.