New Guy with questions about fees ref ( MR BROOKS?)

General Paddock Chatter
karl
Flag waver
Flag waver

New Guy with questions about fees ref ( MR BROOKS?)

Post by karl »

NEW GUY

I recevied a call from a friendly guy called Jeff ? (sorry for got your last name) He has at least a couple of cars a Jedi f600 etc. Any way he encouaged me to get in touch again.

I am curious about fees?

Jedi 1000cc - how much is it to register/sign up for mono and what are the entrant fees on average?

I was advised by a previous race driver that you mono bunch are a friendly lot, supportive and have good range of driving abilities, a good place to embrace the new challenge.

-

I bought my car 6 months ago and have upgraded the spec via the factory, The car will be completed soon, subject to my free time and work, I will be testing some time this year "in the dry".

I hope to do one or more races this year, the car is built for the factory championship spec, which is less flexible than Mono. Mono allows more highly tuned engines I believe? Hope fully next season I will be racing all year.

-

Any way, I do not want to step away from Factory spec therefore restricting my resale market and price (due to past expierence)

(The strict factory spec/regs and genuine parts, cars sell for higher prices mainly to people wishing to race in factory championships, the work man ship obviously has to meet the factory championships regs which do change and does push maintainance costs up.)

I bought a slightly cheaper - ex mono car that ended up requiring major modification to be used/ comply with the factory regs due to modifications and non factory parts etc. "Thats what you get I supose for jumping in both feet first I supose." Quite upset to find out that nearly every part needed servicing and rebuilding to work at its best, There are still upgrades that are not mandatory but I want to do at a later date.

I really need to get my self to a mono race and meet some of you guys.