Zandvoort

General Paddock Chatter
jonathanbaggott
Marshal
Marshal

Zandvoort

Post by jonathanbaggott »

It was disappointing to read, in the notes from the AGM, that the speculative visit to this exciting Dutch circuit has been abandoned. Given that the MRC has a profitable and enjoyable history of visiting Spa, I am sure that Zandvoort could have been a worthy and profitable replacement.
Having raced at Zandvoort in 2012 I can vouch for the sheer joy of the circuit and the friendliness of the Dutch hosts. Is it too late to reconsider ?

Eddie Guest
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Zandvoort

Post by Eddie Guest »

Jonathan, I can share your disappointment but I have spent quite a lot of time trying to find a date that did not conflict with either the Mono championship or the Tiedeman Championship. Unfortunately all the dates that are available are either the same weekend as our own championship or a weekend that butts up to our dates. I am still in contact with the circuit to see if anything frees up but at this stage I think it will be highly unlikely to work for us this year.

It is certainly our wish that we find a European venue but you might have seen that Spa appears to be prohibitively expensive this year. I have also tried Assen and Zolder but to no avail.

We certainly plan to keep trying and if it doesn't work this year then will try again next.

Eddie Guest

jimblockley
Recovery
Recovery

Post by jimblockley »

New Zealand is cheap entry fees range from 50 dollars to 300dollars, hahaha just a light hearted take on costs outside Europe, I have had a fantastic time racing my Formula Junior, 26 races in 5 weekends, I need a holiday.

RobManser
Marshal
Marshal

Post by RobManser »

jimblockley wrote:New Zealand is cheap entry fees range from 50 dollars to 300dollars, hahaha just a light hearted take on costs outside Europe, I have had a fantastic time racing my Formula Junior, 26 races in 5 weekends, I need a holiday.
That's quite a distance to tow though - almost as far as Anglesey! :D