MSA drug and alcohol testing

General Paddock Chatter
Emma Cliffe
Flag waver
Flag waver

MSA drug and alcohol testing

Post by Emma Cliffe »

For those of you not at the AGM, you might like to know that I recently had a conversation with the MSA official who leads on drug and alcohol testing at race meetings. The MSA will be increasing the amount of testing that they do this coming season.

Emma
Former Hanger on & gaffer tape applier - Mono2000 - Dallara F398.
Mrs Monoposto Photographer.
Mrs "have you bought the biscuits?" Char lady

lee
Recovery
Recovery

Re: MSA drug and alcohol testing

Post by lee »

Is this to ensure we have taken enough?
Ex Magic Motorsports official 3rd and test driver.
The other 883 outright race winner......seems so long ago!
Lee Bennett

Ian
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Ian »

"enough alcohol".......is that one of those oxymoron things?
Ian H - "Just Plain Sexy"

stevengriffin
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by stevengriffin »

I have often worried about alcohol levels at early club level practice sessions. I remember watching a TV show when (for science of course) they got the reporter to have a beer, half a bottle of wine over dinner and a brandy afterwards. I know that is quite a lot of booze (I wouldn't have had the brandy) but it's hardly a bender is it? They then tested him for alcohol the next day. He didn't drop below the legal limit until mid morning.
Something has to explain the number of folk who have been seen to spin off on the out lap in morning qualy. It can't all be cold tyres.
I was tasked with getting Sebastian Vettel's post race sample a couple of years ago and I asked him what they were looking for. Apparently cocaine is a bit of a favourite amongst some professionals. None of the F1 guys failed any tests. If you see me off the back of the grid in the future you know what I'm up to.