Medicals. Licence time

General Paddock Chatter
stevengriffin
Mechanic
Mechanic

Medicals. Licence time

Post by stevengriffin »

Many of you will be getting your MSA licence renewals coming along soon. Just a gentle reminder that medicals are valid for a year and if you apply quickly ie before that year is up then you can get your new licence without getting a updated medical. If of course you wait until the weekend before the first race and more than a year has elapsed since your last medical then you need a new one.
In a nutshell, if you play your cards right you can get you medical to last two years and you don't have to pay us doctors a fee. :wink:

stevenconnor
Recovery
Recovery

Re: Medicals. Licence time

Post by stevenconnor »

Thanks for the reminder Steven.... something I have banged on about in the past.

I did manage to get 2 years licences out of my Feb 2015 medical and you have reminded me to plan my next one for Jan or Feb 2017 to cover both 2017 and 2018 (thinking 2018 already!)

Wingnut
Flag waver
Flag waver

Post by Wingnut »

Steven,

With you being a Doctor can't you do them at the annual dinner and awards ceremony and donate all profits to the club?

Just an idea /:-)

Jon
Jonathan Reed - Yellow Jedi no. 88
Wingnut Racing Website - http://www.wingnutracing.biz
Formula Jedi spec Jedi Mk6 Suzuki GSXR1000 K5/6 in yellow
Car Preparation, Racing Car Vinyl Wrapping, Secure Storage

schomosport
Recovery
Recovery

Post by schomosport »

Thanks for the tip Steve. Thinks "Can't remember date of last medical but got loads of time to sort it out!". Checked this evening (7th December) - last medical 5th December 2015. Doh..................

Still he's a good chap and only charges £40 or so, so if Milton Keynes isn't to far to go and you want details let me know. Cheers Schomosport.
Schomosport

RedRedWine
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by RedRedWine »

I used Dr Martin Lane in the centre of Ombersley (Worcestershire). 07429 182572. I found his fees very reasonable indeed, and he is very flexible on when he can do the medical. Nice chap too.
Tony Cotton
Accepting reality with stoicism

stevengriffin
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by stevengriffin »

Thanks for the suggestion Jonathan. I would be delighted to sound all your chests and record your collective blood pressures at the awards dinner but I live in Dubai so will not be attending. Should Monoposto decide to hold the dinner dance at one of the many eating palaces that adorn this colourful city (or even at my place) then we could do a block booking of medicals. So far two members of the club (Peter and Chris) have had dinner in my garden and they were both very welcome.
I hope next year that I will attend the dinner but by then I might not be a doctor anymore as I am retiring from clinical practice.