Doug Woodhouse

General Paddock Chatter
RedRedWine
Mechanic
Mechanic

Doug Woodhouse

Post by RedRedWine »

Doug Woodhouse, father of Chris, and a well known character of Mono paddocks, sadly passed away this morning. As well as supporting Chris in his Jedi, Speads and latterly Dallara racing, Doug was a successful speed events driver with brother Roy in a fearsome twin turbo Rover V8 March 772, and earlier a successful sidecar racer with Roy. His cheery smile will be sadly missed.
Tony Cotton
Accepting reality with stoicism

tristancliffe
Lifetime achievement award
Lifetime achievement award

Re: Doug Woodhouse

Post by tristancliffe »

That's very very sad news. He was an interesting man, and forthright in his opinions, but clearly passionate about racing and talented at what he did.
I can say it was a pleasure and honour to have known him, and enjoyable to laugh with him too (I was cautious not to mention Formula Renaults to him latterly...)
My deepest condolences to Chris, Roy and the rest of his family. He shall be missed, and he'll never be replaced.

Tristan
Tristan Cliffe - MSV F3 Cup - Dallara F307 Image
Monoposto Champion 2008, 2010 & 2011 with a Reynard 883 and a Dallara F398, and F3 Cup and Team Champion 2012

RedRedWine
Mechanic
Mechanic

Re: Doug Woodhouse

Post by RedRedWine »

A message from the Woodhouse family:

Doug will be laid to rest on Friday 30th September at 1pm. The service and burial will take place at Wyre Forest Crematorium in Kidderminster. This will be followed by a celebration of his life at the Stourport Sports Centre. All friends are welcome to join family in giving him the send off he deserves so please share this to spread the word and ensure everyone knows the necessary details. Flowers are requested to only to be given by family please but a charity collection will be available for donations.
Tony Cotton
Accepting reality with stoicism