We finally finished the car

General Paddock Chatter
tristancliffe
Lifetime achievement award

We finally finished the car

Post by tristancliffe »

It's been a huge team effort, but we were finally ready to roll out our 2009 challenger. The weather wasn't too bad either. Only did a quick installation lap because I couldn't be bothered to do any more.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=O3SpsV_9Uns# :D

P.S. We might have interpreted the engine regs a bit differently to everyone else, but didn't go as far as fitting it with variable valve timing :oops:
Tristan Cliffe - MSV F3 Cup - Dallara F307 Image
Monoposto Champion 2008, 2010 & 2011 with a Reynard 883 and a Dallara F398, and F3 Cup and Team Champion 2012

Hasbeen
Flag waver
Flag waver

Re: We finally finished the car

Post by Hasbeen »

Just a couple of problems I think. Dimensions -John Atkinson wont like that rear wing - too high-; the ride height needs adjusting - too low; I assume from the noise that you are running in Mono 1400 and carbon tubs aren't allowed unless 4 years old or more!
Still, its a nice paint job and the steering wheel looks to conform.
Re-living past glories.

tristancliffe

Post by tristancliffe »

Not a problem. In proper Chapman style we'll be supplying our own rules, measuring sticks and ride height gauges that will show it complies. Using the 'official' measures won't be allowed.

Nope, it's for 2000s. We've just, err, managed to find an engine that revs quite high.

The carbon tub is four years older. I have a nice home made chassis plate that proves it.

Gear shifts aren't sequential (and anyway, they don't give any advantage, honest), and we can fit an additional silencer for those hard-to-pass-noise-testing tracks.

The steering wheel is a bit silly - all the buttons are fakes to trick the others. But don't tell them ;)
Tristan Cliffe - MSV F3 Cup - Dallara F307 Image
Monoposto Champion 2008, 2010 & 2011 with a Reynard 883 and a Dallara F398, and F3 Cup and Team Champion 2012

Hasbeen
Flag waver
Flag waver

Post by Hasbeen »

Ah! OK! should be no problem then. It will certainly sound nice out there on the 2000 grid and I like the colour.
Re-living past glories.