GPR

General Paddock Chatter
tristancliffe
Lifetime achievement award
Lifetime achievement award

Re: GPR

Post by tristancliffe »

Hmmm, that would explain why the 09 catalogue is even closer in style to the DT catalogue. The downside is that a certain amount of major competition will have been lost in the market that could push the prices up. As long as people stay aware of the smaller companies (Merlin, Raceparts, Think etc) perhaps it won't make too much difference...

Hope it gets sorted soon. I have a phone call to make to GPR.
Tristan Cliffe - MSV F3 Cup - Dallara F307 Image
Monoposto Champion 2008, 2010 & 2011 with a Reynard 883 and a Dallara F398, and F3 Cup and Team Champion 2012

captiv8ted
Marshal
Marshal

Post by captiv8ted »

I imagine they will withdraw from the Autosport show :( I had designs on a couple of bits from them....

AndyY
Recovery
Recovery

Post by AndyY »

Don't think that there was any competition between GPR & DT anyway - there prices always seemed to be the same to me. I heard that the Minshaws had bought GPR about a year ago. Doesn't mean that GPR are not going down, though.
Andy Yeomans - former Mono 1800 and 2000 racer (!?). Now CSCC and aspiring Clubmans racer.

Nick Harrison
Recovery
Recovery

Post by Nick Harrison »

AndyY wrote:Don't think that there was any competition between GPR & DT anyway - there prices always seemed to be the same to me. I heard that the Minshaws had bought GPR about a year ago. Doesn't mean that GPR are not going down, though.
Andy

Maybe wrong here but I thought the Minshaws took their money out by selling DT to a US VC a couple of years ago.

Are you saying the owners of DT bought GPR or that after the Minshaws sold DT (if that is correct) the family then bought GPR?

Nick.

AndyY
Recovery
Recovery

Post by AndyY »

Nick

I think that Stephen is right, I had heard that the Minshaws bought DT back (having pocketed a fair wedge of cash!) & then bought GPR about a year ago with the proceeds. GPR were supposed to be sponsoring CSCC Tin Tops in 2008 but it all went pear shaped because of the change in ownership!
Andy Yeomans - former Mono 1800 and 2000 racer (!?). Now CSCC and aspiring Clubmans racer.

RedRedWine
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by RedRedWine »

Just looked up DT's accounts. Latest filed is Dec2007 and in the 3 years to then, they lost £863k after tax, having paid (deep breath) £4.8m in interest. They had £14m of goodwill in the balance sheet (hmm, what's that worth?) and annual turnover (which hasn't grown in 3 years) of £20m.
Tony Cotton
Accepting reality with stoicism