2 Day Meetings

General Paddock Chatter
ofarc
Flag waver
Flag waver

Re: 2 Day Meetings

Post by ofarc »

I meant over two days. 1 qualy, 3 races. It's current format is based at people who may have problems or holidays or.... That would have included me by the way but I still think it's a better format. We're here to race aren't we?
St. Cross Electronics - Quality Cable Assemblies for the motorsport industry and beyond.
www.motorsportcables.com
www.st-cross-electronics.co.uk

omsracer
Recovery
Recovery

Post by omsracer »

I agree entirely with you on this one Dax. More racing less qualifying, that's. What it's all about. :D
Peter Whitmore
Car # 4
2000 Classic

stevenconnor
Recovery
Recovery

Post by stevenconnor »

Well the 1 x quali and 3 x races format is the one MSVR will be using for the non at Brands on 14th & 15th November... chance for me to try racing that format when I dust off my race licence.

omsracer
Recovery
Recovery

Post by omsracer »

Good luck with your outing Steve
Peter Whitmore
Car # 4
2000 Classic

Redracer77
Flag waver
Flag waver

Post by Redracer77 »

1 qualifying session and 3 races over 2 days would be perfect for me. Everyone is different but the weekend away with like minded people is as fun as the racing itself.

Not that I have made it out this season but it wasn't for the lack of trying. See you all next year
Chris Hodgen
Dallara 304
No 70

stevenconnor
Recovery
Recovery

Post by stevenconnor »

Several one day meetings in 2016 due to circuit availability issues.

See http://www.monoposto.co.uk/wp-content/u ... rd-res.pdf

mwalters
Recovery
Recovery

Post by mwalters »

Did I read that right, the 28th March for rounds 1 & 2 at Oulton? This is a Monday if I'm not mistaken?

Also, it seems that May will be a busy month for us both in terms of preparation and financially for those of us who pay for races on a race by race basis so this effectively makes it a very expensive month, not forgetting to mention the time off for travelling to circuits. Personally speaking my employer will take a dim view of me having so much sporadic time off in the same month too.

Whilst I can appreciate the difficulties and hard work going into securing track time etc, could it be noted for future calendars that so many races in one month can be too financially demanding and time consuming for those of us on a limited budget, and possibly employed by unsympathtic bosses! :)
- you only live once! -

stevenconnor
Recovery
Recovery

Post by stevenconnor »

Last edited by stevenconnor on Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

mwalters
Recovery
Recovery

Post by mwalters »

Ah, I see! Well done Steven, you've passed the test! :lol:
- you only live once! -

stevenconnor
Recovery
Recovery

Post by stevenconnor »

Here is an extract from the 2016 entry form.... which is just waiting the final fee decisions and will be published... tried to explain the days in more detail on here.