David Wall

General Paddock Chatter
Anson
Flag waver
Flag waver

David Wall

Post by Anson »

Very sorry to hear this morning that David Wall has died.

David was well known to many Mono members, particularly those of us from the Gloucestershire/Worcestershire area as he was local. For me he typified what the mono club is about - an enthusiast who loved his racing and would help anyone he could. If you caught up with him for a chat you had to plan some time as he could spend hours re-telling his many stories, and normally did! As Duds so aptly put it, he was mono's own "Merry Talker". But amongst the banter there was also a huge wealth of knowledge and experience - an all round good bloke, he'll be missed.........
Peter Venn

AVIT!
Recovery
Recovery

Re: David Wall

Post by AVIT! »

This is gutting news.
I feel deep embarrassment that I owe a lot of my racing and all my instructing career to Dave and I found out about this on Facebook.
I have never known his Family only met two of his (home/ none race ) friends and now feel helpless in finding out who to send my condolences to and how to find out the arrangements for his funeral.
I never raced against Dave but saw him race many times against all my childhood heroes in Monoposto, and he's was one of those heroes of mine too. My dads current race car is just about 30% Dave walls last car he ever raced in mono.
If it was not for Dave I would have never got into race instructing and would have never had a lot of the oportunities that followed and are still giving me great pleasure.
And as Peter aka Anson said he typified the mono clubs spirit and its current aim to be a helpful and exciting racing club from the guy who is good to the guy who thinks he's good to the just plain dreamers.
Wether you knew him or not if you know Monoposto and what it's about please trust me.
Today is a sad day
Rest in peace Dave and I hope we're ever you are your still racing!
Avit! motorsport taking club racing back to its routes by beating wallets on a small budget!

RedRedWine
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by RedRedWine »

I believe David Cox will be finding out about the funeral and we'll then put the information on the forum, startline and Facebook.

Although I didn't know David through Mono I met him when he was looking after Chris Dowson's hillclimb Pilbeam Repco, (late 80's) with which Charles Wardle won the Championship. He was just as liked in hillclimbing as in Mono
Tony Cotton
Accepting reality with stoicism

RedRedWine
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by RedRedWine »

David Cox reports that the funeral of David will be at Hereford Crematorium on Tuesday 24th Feb at 11.15 and after at Bromyard Rugby Club.
Tony Cotton

AVIT!
Recovery
Recovery

Post by AVIT! »

Got told a great and typical Dave Wall tale yesterday by mutual friend Gaz Lewis.
After an instructing event at Elvington near York Dave called Gaz the next day to see if he'd left his false teeth in the Bentley he was driving and could he have a look. To no availe they were not there but about a year later someone had left a set in a car at some point and at the end of the day the boss asked if anyone had lost a Set to which Dave piped up " if no one claims them I'll have them as a spare pair!
What a character

Fantastic turn out for him and a great send off.
Avit! motorsport taking club racing back to its routes by beating wallets on a small budget!

RedRedWine
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by RedRedWine »

David Cox told me a nice story that "unusually" for David Wall involved alcohol and women. When he was on the committee he was given the job of giving Mary Cox (who was then administrator) a bouquet of flowers at the dinner dance. However, during the course of a sociable evening, during which he was attempting to woo a lady with his charms, he gallantly presented said young lady, much to her pleasure, with Mary's flowers, so Mary didn't get anything. Whether Dave Wall got anything is open to speculation.
Tony Cotton