Calander!

General Paddock Chatter
phuston
Recovery
Recovery

Re: Calander!

Post by phuston »

Excellent David.

Can we lift it for publication in Startline?

Pigpen wrote:
what's feduciary mean?

Trusteeship, I had to look it up!

I am just grateful that we don't do lydden anymore.
I am told that Lydden is improving but one of the attractions of racing Monoposto is that we travel round the circuits, some championships hardly move from their home circuit.

Cadwell is a lovely place to drive round but I won't be racing there again as I have an allergy to crashes.
Ah! The Lincolnshire Circuit.

As for Anglesey, I heard a rumour that they are installing a herd of wilderbeasts to roam majestically across the plain and some sort of hanging gardens......etc...etc
Sorry Dave, those four legged woolly maggotts are not wilderbeasts but they may have been designed by the same committee!
Deforestation on Anglesey. Ruth tells me to blame the Druids for hiding in their sacred oak woods and the Romans for cutting down the sacred oak woods so that the Druids could not hide. An earlier version of Vietcong, Vietnamese forests, Americans and 'agent orange'.
Patrick H
Mono1800 Rep & Club Sec

andrewcliffe
Respected elder statesman
Respected elder statesman

Post by andrewcliffe »

lol

Thanks for the explanation David, I realise is as a difficult job juggling the requirements of race, whilst keeping a sensible hat on with the costs, but thank you to all who make it happen.

What is the deal with Thruxton? I know Castle Combe is limited to the amount of weekends it can run, but is there something similar with Thruxton.

As for Lydden, its got a kind of backward charm (like Mallory Park has)
Andrew Cliffe - Monoposto photographer - http://www.norwichphoto.co.uk & Racing Exposure - http://www.racingexposure.com/blog

phuston
Recovery
Recovery

Post by phuston »

Stephen's correct, I read somewhere that Thruxton is limited to 16 noisy days a year (I won't swear to the figure but its approximately correct). Effectively, all available dates are taken.

It is equally difficult to get a trackday at Thruxton, when a firm advertised a trackday I tried to book a place; I and the Trackday company know that my car is quiet but I was told not to bother because the Multisport looks like a race car. Quote, 'Its got to look like your grannie's shopping car, Patrick'. So if you fancy a trackday in a 1000cc Micra, Thruxtons your circuit.

Goodwood has a similar approach.

The Castle Coombe situation is unfortunate because we have a number of competitors in the vicinity, but availability is limited and like Brands, in my opinion, they overestimate their worth.

Croft have problems with their nimbys but seem to be able to work round the problems. :D
Patrick H
Mono1800 Rep & Club Sec

jimblockley
Recovery
Recovery

Post by jimblockley »

Patrick is right about Castlecombe.

Since castlecombe racing club took over on the pretence was going to be racing for the competitors , not for profit. it seems to have actually got more expensive and less well organised.
i know of a number of competitors who have been long term supporters of there circuit championships, who very disatified about they way it was run last season.

Perhaps there is a hidden agenda!!!!!!!!!

broadside
Recovery
Recovery

Post by broadside »

schomosport wrote:Very fine answer David and thank you to all for your efforts.
I agree with Mark, well done and thank you to all involved, looking forward to it especially Donnington, fingers crossed!!
Graham P
Reynard 863 No17

schomosport
Recovery
Recovery

Post by schomosport »

Look who nicked the Summer race dates! (joke)

2009 BRSCC F3 Championship
May 2 May 3 Donington
June 27 June 28 Silverstone - National
July 18 July 19 Rockingham
August 8 August 9 Castle Combe
August 29 August 30 Snetterton
September 26 September 27 Anglesey
October 17 October 18 Brands Hatch

Hell, we could have someone running away with a championship before they have even started......
Schomosport