Donington Timetable Mono 2000 !!!

General Paddock Chatter
tristancliffe
Lifetime achievement award
Lifetime achievement award

Re: Donington Timetable Mono 2000 !!!

Post by tristancliffe »

It's not just one driver as far as I'm aware. Plus there are drivers in Mono that are mechanicing for F3 Cup, and vice-versa. Plus Simon usually looks after both. And eligibility scrutineers? Et cetera.

Personally I think it's a mistake to have Mono and F3 Cup at different circuits on the same weekend, but I'm sure there are sensible reasons that it had to happen.

But look on the bright side - you have 27 hours to fix your car, go home, go to the pub, sleep or do something else interesting. :)
Tristan Cliffe - MSV F3 Cup - Dallara F307 Image
Monoposto Champion 2008, 2010 & 2011 with a Reynard 883 and a Dallara F398, and F3 Cup and Team Champion 2012

Twin 45's
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Twin 45's »

Saturday not so much of an issue, but why are we nearly always the last or second to last race?

I am seriously considering withdrawing my entry!

triple j motorsport
Recovery
Recovery

Post by triple j motorsport »

I still have my hotel booking so friday night and saturday night.....inc breakfast £22.50 per person per night next to a pub.....

stevengriffin
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by stevengriffin »

Somebody has to be last, it seems to equal out as the season goes on. I don't think we are any different to the other series.
The boring bit is watching the GT Cup mob. Last year there were half a dozen cars ging round on an occasional basis and it would have been more interesting watching re runs of the 1976 Trade Union Congress. ("Composite 67 Comrades....").
It was a weekend at Donnington a few years ago in driving rain and nowhere to hide other than the back of my Range Rover that made me buy a caravan. I shall be sitting with the lovely Mrs Griffin, sipping coffee (whiskey after the race), reading the paper and catching up on some sleep. Do drop in if you get too wet and cold. Peter Venn ate all our chocolate last year, we will take extra this year. :D

Dermot Healy
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by Dermot Healy »

[quote="
.......then a full 27 hours hanging around from Saturdays race to Sunday qualifying

[/quote]

Kevan.....you could (A) spend the 27 hours making yet more 'friends' by explaining to your fellow competitors (and anyone else in the vicinity) how they have done it all wrong & really should do it this way - or that way. ...or (B)) explore the delights of Castle Donington - there was once a Castle - now demolished - there was once a power station - now demolished....there was once a race circuit - that was ever so nearly demolished....or (C) you could journey further northwards, visit me, & buy heaps more of my junk to sell on at massive profit to your loyal customers worldwide. You could even tell ME where i'm going wrong

NigelD
Marshal
Marshal

Post by NigelD »

Looking forward to it, its been a long winter... the only times i'm worried about is the lap times !! :D
Nigel Davers,
#77 - Test Pilot

Paperman
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by Paperman »

Gentlemen

The unusual timetable at Donington is to help drivers who wish to compete in both the Mono 2000 event and the F3 Cup event at Silverstone. The unusual schedule may cause inconvenience to some drivers, especially in the Mono 2000/Classic event which does start first on Saturday and finish last on Sunday, and we apologise for this. The decision to juggle the schedules was brought about by an unfortunate date and venue clash between Monoposto and F3 Cup, and is a one-off situation.

With regard to the Moto Mono/1800/Ztec/1600 quals and races, these start at 13.15 on Saturday and finish at 16.00 on Sunday. The Saturday start time is unusually late, but Sunday's finish time is not. There is ample time on each day between qualification and race. This does not seem to justify the accusation that it will "turn people off going racing", unless there is some issue that we have not anticipated. If this is the case please contact me directly about it.

The Mono 2000/Classic event is not "nearly always" the last event. One or other of the Monoposto races tends to fall near the end of each days race programme, simply because we have four track sessions on each day. However over the season we attempt to ensure that each Mono grid shares the burden of being scheduled second, with a consequently later finish time.

Rgds

Simon Davey
Monoposto Club Administrator

AndyY
Recovery
Recovery

Post by AndyY »

Dermot Healy wrote:[quote="
.......then a full 27 hours hanging around from Saturdays race to Sunday qualifying
Kevan.....you could . ...or (B)) explore the delights of Castle Donington - there was once a Castle - now demolished - there was once a power station - now demolished....there was once a race circuit - that was ever so nearly demolished....or [/quote]

You forgot (D) or you could go plane spotting, even at 3 in the morning.

And remember there are some very nice people who actually live in Castle Donington! Strange, I know.
Andy Yeomans - former Mono 1800 and 2000 racer (!?). Now CSCC and aspiring Clubmans racer.

tony edwards
Marshal
Marshal

Post by tony edwards »

where is the timetable please? im coming to watch, but have a stag do on saturday night in Liverpool, so me be a little late!

andrewcliffe
Respected elder statesman
Respected elder statesman

Post by andrewcliffe »

Timetable: http://www.msvracing.com/media/183052/t ... ue_one.pdf

I will be at Silverstone and not at Donington, but have arranged for a fake Andrew to take photos which will be sent to me during the week.
Andrew Cliffe - Monoposto photographer - http://www.norwichphoto.co.uk & Racing Exposure - http://www.racingexposure.com/blog