Geoff Jones

General Paddock Chatter
TFR
Recovery
Recovery

Geoff Jones

Post by TFR »

Sad to hear that Geoff Jones is retiring from racing,Snetterton being his last race.Geoff has been a Mono stalwart for a long time now and will be sorely missed. A good champion and an excellent driver,fast hard and fair, I have raced closely with him,often within millimetres,but with Geoff it was easy to do,you could trust him to the very edge, he gave you great confidence, thanks for the memories Geoff,you are a true racer and a real gentleman,
Geoff F

Geoff Jones
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Geoff Jones »

Thank you for those kind words. It has been a real pleasure racing with the monoposto club for the last 21 years. I have great memories to recall, many of which invole TFR in our days of 1600. Snetterton was an emotional time for us and i'm sorry that i didnt get the chance to come round everyone to say goodbye as i would of wished. We have made a lot of friends over the years, both on and off the tracks and i would like to think that i will still be able to come to some meetings in the future to get my hands dirty!!
Thanks to everyone ive raced with over the years for good safe racing !! I wish the club all the best for the future.

Geoff Jones

andrewcliffe
Respected elder statesman
Respected elder statesman

Post by andrewcliffe »

Andrew Cliffe - Monoposto photographer - http://www.norwichphoto.co.uk & Racing Exposure - http://www.racingexposure.com/blog

AVIT!
Recovery
Recovery

Post by AVIT! »

dito to tfr's post!
Known geoff along time and even had the pleasure of owning and driving one of his creations!
cant belive he is hangingup his helmet though!
he should take a leafe from my dad and jimm timms's books and keep going!

Good luck in what ever you chose to do my good man!

AVIT!
Avit! motorsport taking club racing back to its routes by beating wallets on a small budget!

schomosport
Recovery
Recovery

Post by schomosport »

I had seen Geoff and car around but since I race in the other Mono class had never put name to face. It was Geoff who bailed me out Snetterton on the Saturday morning with the loan of a rod end and advice on what best to do with the rather bent push-rod I had in my other mitt. I certainly wasn't aware it was his last meeting as he took time out from preparing his own car to help me out (as did others).

Thanks Geoff and if you will PM me a contact address I will get it back to you.

Thanks again.

Mark
Schomosport