Transponder hire?

General Paddock Chatter
mwalters
Recovery
Recovery

Transponder hire?

Post by mwalters »

Hi,

As its going to be my first outing in september, im looking to hire one for the day (sat 10th), does anyone know of anyone who loans these out? I don't really have the funds (£220-250'ish) to buy one just yet as the wife has already spent a small fortune on the camping equipment!!! lol!

Is it possible to race without one if not?

Cheers all,
Matt.
- you only live once! -

tristancliffe
Lifetime achievement award
Lifetime achievement award

Re: Transponder hire?

Post by tristancliffe »

No, you have to have one. If you don't, you won't get your times/positions recorded (although the timekeepers will do it manually for you for the first session and issue a warning to fix it).

Can you hire one? Well, you may be able to borrow one from someone else who is racing, but not at the same time as you. Alternatively, get in touch with TSL-Timing and talk to to someone about hiring. They may be able to do that for you, especially if you tell them it's your first ever race.
Tristan Cliffe - MSV F3 Cup - Dallara F307 Image
Monoposto Champion 2008, 2010 & 2011 with a Reynard 883 and a Dallara F398, and F3 Cup and Team Champion 2012

Paperman
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by Paperman »

Contact TSL via their website tsl-timing.com

They usually hire transponders for £30-£40 per meeting, but you will need to book it in advance

As Tristan says, you do have to have one.

Simon Davey
Club Administrator

mwalters
Recovery
Recovery

Post by mwalters »

Thanks guys,

Im keeping my fingers crossed I'll be able to hire one, as I really cant afford even the second hand prices for a transponder just yet, its been so hard and costly prepping the car and trailer etc i've almost bled the cash reserve dry, and the mrs is taking a VERY dim view of me using the savings!!! It's hard enough to keep her onside with the whole FVJ / motorsport thingy without tempting a row over a silly transponder ha ha! :P
- you only live once! -

Dermot Healy
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by Dermot Healy »

as a valued customer you are entitled to our free transponder occasional loan service....as long as you return it & don't lose it. ...Contact me a few days before the event on 07703-162409 & i'll put it in the post. If you need the number in advance to put on forms etc it is 0181184

Paperman
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by Paperman »

Now there's an offer you can't refuse...fantastic customer service Dermot!

Simon Davey

mwalters
Recovery
Recovery

Post by mwalters »

Dermot,

I cant thank you enough for that generous offer! This is one of the many reasons I ditched karting in favour of a more community spirited sport! Thank you, I'll be heading down on the friday before so will arrange to sort something out with you prior to that date.

Once again, thanks all!

Matt. :D
- you only live once! -