Longacre AccuSet 11 Cornerwight Scales

Sometimes Dermot has kept the whole Monoposto going in spares.
Dermot Healy
Mechanic
Mechanic

Longacre AccuSet 11 Cornerwight Scales

Post by Dermot Healy »

Cost about £1250 from DT.

This set has a brand new latest spec controller/display unit, 15" pads, and does all the things you'd want.

£650

andrewcliffe
Respected elder statesman
Respected elder statesman

Re: Longacre AccuSet 11 Cornerwight Scales

Post by andrewcliffe »

We are being deprived of the full advert!

[quote="Uphill Racers Forum"

15" pads, with brand new, updated controller & display v3.0.1 with all the geegaws
You could buy 'em new from DT at about £1250......or have these for £650.00

...But of course you could buy 'em, next time you go to the US, for just over $1100. Then you could pack 'em in your luggage, be refused access to your flight, be quizzed as a terrorist suspect, & appear on the front page of the Daily Mail. Then, if you did ever get on another flight & if the airline agreed to you carrying your 'suspect' electrical equipment, you'd find that the scales had been pee'd on by the the sniffer dogs of various nations, and HM Border Force/Border Service/Border Playgroup (..or whatever they are called this week) would begin the whole process again when you landed. HMRC would charge you VAT on everything + a fixed administration fee + and ask you to fill in a customer satisfaction survey. When you finally exit the Terminal, 3 days late, you'd find your car would have been blown up by a controlled explosion, activated by 'a robot' (designed by someone with a degree in Motorsport Engineering), and that the car park ticket in the small print 'clearly stated' that you agreed to them doing this as part of their necessary security procedures. But have no fear, they would welcome your feedback and they take all complaints 'very seriously' and are committed ensuring your comfort and safety.

So...really...it would perhaps be in your own best interest to just buy these scales from me.

I present all this rigmarole as every time i sell things like this some smart@@@@ posts a
comment to the effect that "...you can buy these for $1100 in the States & that I intend to get a set my next 'business trip', neglecting to mention that 'business' has never in the past taken him further west than Telford

Still ...what a bargain at a mere £650.00
[/quote]

RedRedWine
Mechanic
Mechanic

Re: Longacre AccuSet 11 Cornerwight Scales

Post by RedRedWine »

Life is good.
Tony Cotton
Accepting reality with stoicism