Thruxton - 2010 Race Schedule

For all Monoposto Club Matters
omsracer
Recovery
Recovery

Thruxton - 2010 Race Schedule

Post by omsracer »

It is encouraging to see some many good things being written about the recent event at Thruxton. I to would like to add to the goodness by saying I thought the organisation, paddock layout, assembly area and marshalling were all of the highest standard and something I could get used. A pity about the lack of power in the paddock, but hey what else in new.

One innovative feature I liked was the countdown boards used in the assembly area prior to the race. Only a small thing but I have often wondered why that feature wasn’t used at other venues as it leaves you in no doubt as to when you are due on circuit.

The circuit itself was daunting on the first laps, but extremely enjoyable after the initial laps had been completed. As has been stated elsewhere the Monoposto Racing Club put on a good show for both spectators and the organisers who must have been pleased with the financial remuneration achieved from such a full grid.

The Monoposto Race committee, in the form of Simon Davey, took the opportunity of discussing with the Aston Martin Owners Club the possibility of such a event being included in next years championship. We are presently discussing next year’s championship with other organisers including CSCC, BRSCC and MSVR to name but a few.

Our aim as always is to provide the best possible circuit’s at the most realistic price for our members. A tough juggling act at the best of times. To that end, our performance and good behaviour at Thruxton on Saturday did our chances of acquiring venues like Thruxton no harm at all.

Peter Whitmore
Monoposto Racing Committee Chairman.
Peter Whitmore
Car # 4
2000 Classic

triple j motorsport
Recovery
Recovery

Re: Thruxton - 2010 Race Schedule

Post by triple j motorsport »

Very enjoyable well run day on a great track, Ihope we are back for more in 2010.

There will be a few more FFZetecs in Mono1800 next year...