Entry Fee Refunds

For all Monoposto Club Matters
Paperman
Mechanic
Mechanic

Entry Fee Refunds

Post by Paperman »

At the recent MRC Board Meeting Directors were concerned at the level of refunds for “late” withdrawal of entries. Normal practice is to adhere to MSA Regulation C(a)59 which states that the condition for these refunds should be defined in the Supplementary Regulations for the event. For the events which we organise with CSCC this condition is:

“Entry fees will be refunded under the terms of C(a)59. Entry fees will also be returned if a competitor notifies the organiser in writing or by FAX by 5.00pm on the Wednesday prior to the event that he wishes to withdraw his entry. An administration fee of £25.00 will be deducted.”

The Club tries to be as flexible as possible with regard to refunds if a competitor needs to withdraw their entry. To be clear about entry refunds for events we organise with CSCC:

- If you withdraw your entry, to be eligible for a refund you must inform the Club Administrator (ie myself - Simon Davey) in writing or by fax by 5.00pm on the Wednesday prior to the event. Email notification by this deadline is also acceptable provided you ask for and receive a return email from me confirming that I have received your entry withdrawal.

- Provided we believe the entry was originally made in good faith (ie that you genuinely intended to compete in the event, but are now unable to do so), and was received before the closing date for entries, we will normally use our discretion to not deduct the £25.00 administration fee ie the entry fee will be refunded in full.

- If you are due a refund as a result of being a reserve who did not get an entry, or if the event itself is abandoned or postponed, then refunds will be made in accordance with MSA regulations.

In practice: please get your entry in before the Closing Date for entries which is always highlighted on the Entry Form. If you think you may need to withdraw your entry then make contact with me as soon as possible and I will do what I can to help. However we will be strict about the requirement for written notification with at least three days notice in order to qualify for a refund.

Simon Davey
Club Administrator