Compliments of the Mallory Clerk of the Course

For all Monoposto Club Matters
Paperman
Mechanic
Mechanic

Compliments of the Mallory Clerk of the Course

Post by Paperman »

:D

Clerk of the Course at Mallory, Robert Williams, has asked me to pass on his compliments to all the Mono 2000/Mono Classic 2000/Mono Formula 2000/Mono 1800 drivers on how well you handled the Safety Car deployment in the race on Monday.

Very nice to hear this from such an experienced official - well done guys.

Simon Davey
Championship Co-ordinator

tristancliffe
Lifetime achievement award
Lifetime achievement award

Re: Compliments of the Mallory Clerk of the Course

Post by tristancliffe »

It was touch and go judging how much space to leave the safety car before accelerating towards the startline. Got it right by luck more than judgement I think! And in the end it didn't really matter - damn throttle cables... But it was much preferred over a red flag. From my prime trackside seat at the hairpin I could tell the spectators really enjoyed the remaining laps.

And I'd like to add my personal (but less meaningful) thanks to all those on the two litre grids. The quicker cars were a pleasure to race with, and the slower cars were very considerate when being passed in both races. Thank you.

With two very big grids, and very very full practice sessions I think all the Mono classes acquitted themselves well, and the number of incidents was, although sadly not zero, surprisingly few. Here's to a slightly less packed track at Donington :)
Tristan Cliffe - MSV F3 Cup - Dallara F307 Image
Monoposto Champion 2008, 2010 & 2011 with a Reynard 883 and a Dallara F398, and F3 Cup and Team Champion 2012