COUNCIL OPERATING NOISE CHECKS AS CROFT CIRCUIT

For all Monoposto Club Matters
GP
Marshal
Marshal

COUNCIL OPERATING NOISE CHECKS AS CROFT CIRCUIT

Post by GP »

Just had a recent discussion with a well respected race car constructor reference croft circuit. As the latest development in the noise dept is the MSA noise checks mean ZERO. as THE MAN FROM THE COUNCIL is conducting his own tests. The word is ONE DECIBEL OVER....GOOD BYE...GO HOME, has anybody heard likewise ?

Nick Harrison
Recovery
Recovery

Re: COUNCIL OPERATING NOISE CHECKS AS CROFT CIRCUIT

Post by Nick Harrison »

What would be interesting to know is whether it is the static test on race day/test day that the Council is participating in or is it an independent drive by test.

Several circuits that I know of already have a drive by test either performed by the local council or one from which all the data has to be submitted to the local council.

Three which come to mind are Brands Hatch, Castle Combe and Anglesey.

If you go onto the Anglesey Circuit web site they publish the data from their test which shows an average noise level for every hour of every day and the max recorded within that hour.

AndyY
Recovery
Recovery

Post by AndyY »

I think that Donington does, too.
Andy Yeomans - former Mono 1800 and 2000 racer (!?). Now CSCC and aspiring Clubmans racer.

tristancliffe
Lifetime achievement award
Lifetime achievement award

Post by tristancliffe »

To be honest, I think the drive-by test is a fair fairer way of noise testing, and is better in other ways too.
Tristan Cliffe - MSV F3 Cup - Dallara F307 Image
Monoposto Champion 2008, 2010 & 2011 with a Reynard 883 and a Dallara F398, and F3 Cup and Team Champion 2012