£25 Late Entry/cancellation Fee!

For all Monoposto Club Matters
samier
Roaming Correspondent
Roaming Correspondent

Re: £25 Late Entry/cancellation Fee!

Post by samier »

tristancliffe wrote:Then I retract my statement about you having work done, and wish you the best of luck with the approaching season.

Plus, this has all been sorted out via PM and everyone is friendly again. See you on the 25th!
Yep, Many Thanks

Paperman
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by Paperman »

Hello Everyone

I've just emerged from the slightly frentic activity which surrounds a an Entry Closing Date. We have 40 entries in for Snetterton, (which I think is a very good number in the present economy) all before the Closing Date, and I for one would like to thank everyone for making a terrific effort to get your entries in - a real result!

The fact is that the Closing Dates and charge for late entries come with the deal with CSCC and aren't likely to change for this season...but they are not some fiendish scheme invented by MRC to upset everyone. Overall, the arrangement with CSCC has enabled us to keep entry fees down this year and still have an attractive calendar.

However my own ambition is to work with CSCC and our other race organising partners so that in future seasons we can get the closing dates closer to the race. It's difficult to get them too close because of the need to send out passes by post, but there is certainly scope for improvement. We will also be moving to have the minimum amount of paperwork involved by being able to handle entries and fees electronically for those who want to do it that way. This will be less hassle for entrants, easier for race admin, and hopefully we will be able to reduce or avoid late entry penalties. This isn't the work of a moment tho, although we have already made a start on the electronic admin systems we will need to do it.

I'm a competitor myself, and I'm currently engaged in finishing my car, booking the brake, booking testing, joining another club (I can't race in Mono...), figuring out when to send in the first entry in because it can all go t*t* up at any moment - we all have to do it.

So if you have problems around getting your entry in - give me a ring/email and let me know - there are various things I can do to help, but I have to know about it! If your entry just turns up late, we're stuffed and looking at a £25 charge from CSCC that we have to pass on...

...and please remember Anglesey entries close on 1 April. If you're not sure when or whether you can enter it - contact me!

(I'll be out-of-the-office between 20 and 25 March so please call me on my mobile during that period)

Simon Davey
Championship Co-ordinator

01327 843056
07770 368648

broadside
Recovery
Recovery

Post by broadside »

tristancliffe wrote:
broadside wrote:(Tristan - remember not to blow your old Reynard mates off into the weeds with that new beast! :D )
I think you'll find the opposite will occur, especially at first! If you see a shiny red car pottering around at granny speeds be kind and leave me some room when you lap me :(
I dont think I'll be lapping you Tristan - Unless your thinking of towing the refreshments caravan behind you :lol:
Graham P
Reynard 863 No17

tristancliffe
Lifetime achievement award
Lifetime achievement award

Post by tristancliffe »

That would be a great excuse though! :D
Tristan Cliffe - MSV F3 Cup - Dallara F307 Image
Monoposto Champion 2008, 2010 & 2011 with a Reynard 883 and a Dallara F398, and F3 Cup and Team Champion 2012