New Club Administrator for 2009

For all Monoposto Club Matters
Paperman
Mechanic
Mechanic

Re: New Club Administrator for 2009

Post by Paperman »

Hello Everyone

Just a quick post to introduce my online ID - I thought "Paperman" might be appropriate...

I'm very pleased indeed to be taking on the role of Monoposto Club Administrator. I've had a lot of fun in the past racing in Mono, and it's going to be very interesting to have the oppportunity to put something back into the Club and the sport.

2009 is going to be a pretty challenging year for motorsport, but it looks to me that Mono is very well positioned for another excellent season, given the flexibility and resilience of the Club's mutli-class structure, together with an interesting race schedule. I'm intending to attend as many meetings as possible (currently only Donington looks out because of an existing holiday booking), and will particularly be trying to make sure we all get maximum value-for-money "on the day". I hope I'll meet old friends (and you do have to be quite old to remember me racing in Mono...) as well as meeting many new faces.

I will be in contact with most people as memberships are renewed, but if anyone has any immediate issues or concerns that I should be aware of, please don't hesitate to contact me on admin@monoposto.co.uk, or tel 01327 843056.

Meanwhile - Happy New Year!

Simon Davey

Dermot Healy
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by Dermot Healy »

This looks like an inspired appointment......

...does this man really know what he is letting himself in for???

Congratulations to those who did the recruiting/armtwisting

Richard Purcell
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Richard Purcell »

Simon, I wish you all the best and look forward to meeting you at a circuit at some point, Mary is a Hard act to Follow, but I think its great for the competitors to see the Administrator at the events and a fellow Mono racer. Good luck with your new position. Cheers Richard

jergar
Marshal
Marshal

Post by jergar »

Simon,

May I also add my welcome.

Its a shame that you are not competing in any Mono rounds, otherwise you could have had a drive in your old Ralt RT3, still running in Mono; you may recall that you saw the car at Snetterton many years ago, some time in the eighties, not long after you had used it in F3.

I am missing a little bit of the early history, any info would be appreciated - hope your memory is good, as it was a while ago.

Regards

Jeremy Goodman

Paperman
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by Paperman »

Hi Jeremy

I'm very interested to learn that "my" old RT3 is about - I'll certainly be keen to take a look at it. I bought the car as a pile of bits, with a Toyota Novamotor just rebuilt by Jondel, from Paul Sleeman. The car was basically in ground effect spec and came complete with full tunnel floor. I fitted a marine ply flat bottom and "coke bottled" the side pods myself, before running it in F3 in 1986. Unfortunately I don't have any other idea about the car's history, it's possible Paul might have some though. I eventually swapped it for a 1984 Reynard FF2000 at the end of 1986, and then lost track of it.

Hope to see you soon!

Simon Davey

lee
Recovery
Recovery

Post by lee »

I was flicking through some old programs in the loft last night and saw you entered in it at the International Trophy meeting at Silverstone 1986. I did wonder if it was you.
Ex Magic Motorsports official 3rd and test driver.
The other 883 outright race winner......seems so long ago!
Lee Bennett

AndyY
Recovery
Recovery

Post by AndyY »

lee wrote:I was flicking through some old programs in the loft last night .
Lee, You need to get out more, or aren't you allowed out (or even down)!
Andy Yeomans - former Mono 1800 and 2000 racer (!?). Now CSCC and aspiring Clubmans racer.