2009 Regulations (Not MSA approved yet)

For all Monoposto Club Matters
tristancliffe
Lifetime achievement award
Lifetime achievement award

Re: 2009 Regulations (Not MSA approved yet)

Post by tristancliffe »

I don't remember the safety car stuff in previous regs. Is that new for this year? Could be a great way of avoiding too many show stopping red flags, even if the SC time counts as race time. Better than being told to go home after 0.5 racing laps and no chance of a restart.

Having scanned it I don't see any areas that are likely to be changed (at least that are applicable to me). When is approval likely from the MSA, roughly speaking?

Happy New Year all, by the way. I'm off to the pub now!
Tristan Cliffe - MSV F3 Cup - Dallara F307 Image
Monoposto Champion 2008, 2010 & 2011 with a Reynard 883 and a Dallara F398, and F3 Cup and Team Champion 2012

schomosport
Recovery
Recovery

Re: 2009 Regulations (Not MSA approved yet)

Post by schomosport »

I note the regualtions under 3.7 Race Stops are not aligned with 2009 Blue Book G23 & G24 (p271) which call for races not to be declared finished until the leader has completed 75% of the race distance. Albeit with the force majeure clause that CoC can decide not to re-run or re-start a race as he best sees fit.

I don't know if this different approach is oversight or intentional. Certainly the imposition of a minimum 75% rule might reduce the likelihood of Fiesta-type grid invasions as happened last year - not to mention the suspiscion that if convenient to the race timetable stranded cars are left in position under waved yellows until the leader has done half distance after which a red is thrown and the race declared a result. That can of course still happen but at 75% may at least reduce some competitor dissatisfaction because of grossly shortened races as has frequently happened in the past.

Happy New Year to all!!!
Schomosport