Monoposto Club Hub - Donington 25th & 26th April

For all Monoposto Club Matters
Emma Cliffe
Flag waver
Flag waver

Monoposto Club Hub - Donington 25th & 26th April

Post by Emma Cliffe »

It's probably time to think about the Club Hub evening event for the Saturday at Donington. We will be doing something this time so try to come along. Because of the aircraft noise, it'll be something we can do without having to listen carefully and because it may be chilly, I figured something a bit active might be best.

A Darts Tournament will be run from 7 p.m. at the Club Hub. You can play in singles, pairs or teams, just let me know when you turn up at the circuit or during the day on Saturday what you are doing, so I can plan. We'll start at 7 p.m. and run until we can't see the dart board any more! We'll play by 301 rules which, from my recollection from 20 years ago when I last played, is start with a double and end on a double.

I will state now that the board may not be at the regulation 68 inches from the ground, but we will try to get an Oche line 7 feet, 9 and a half inches from the board. It's a magnetic dart board so the time limit rule on how long a dart needs to stay attached to the board will be reduced from 5 seconds to 2 seconds - a stiff breeze may result in a lot of no scores if we're not careful.

There will be a small prize, probably edible.

Bring drinks, nibbles and chairs - entertainment will be provided by those of us that can't throw well. If anyone wants to volunteer to referee, that would be great. Otherwise you can all suffer the dodgy refereeing by myself. Anyone good at maths can also volunteer - I'm useless! Pray for good weather.

Due to the early start on Saturday particularly, I will endeavour to get the urn on before 7.30 a.m., but I will make no promises. I'll be on my own with no-one to shove me out of bed at the right time so it's in the lap of the alarm clock gods. I also know a number of people struggled to find us at Snetterton as we ended up quite spread out. I'll endeavour to get round you all during Saturday morning to guide you to the caffeine. I don't think it's a banned substance yet.

See you there,

Emma.
Former Hanger on & gaffer tape applier - Mono2000 - Dallara F398.
Mrs Monoposto Photographer.
Mrs "have you bought the biscuits?" Char lady